Sweet Honey ale GoT inspired beer Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thepicklebrewer

Reaction score
I am trying to create a Braggot that will coincide with the game of thrones premiere or season. I want it to be a pretty sweet frothy and thick honey beer. I figured a braggot type beer would work well to get me the aroma I am looking for and I will likely have to back sweeten with honey before I keg. My recipe is as follows.

5# 2 row
2# Honey Malt
.5# Caramel 120L
2# Marris otter
3 to 5# Costco wildflower honey

.5 Cryo Columbus @ 30 min

I plan on using a neutral ale yeast like US-05 and mashing at like 152-156 F to retain as much body as I can. I can't decide how much honey to use. I don't want to age very long so I think less would be better. Plus Sunday premiers don't make for great Monday mornings.

What is everyone's opinion on this? I feel like it's heavy on the honey malt but I want as much body and sweetness as I can get. I figure I will have to backsweeten a bit but hopefully not much. Is 3ish months enough time for this to age out? Feel free to rip this apart because I was just adding what I thought sounded good for the recipe.

Last edited:
Back