Sweet Craigslist score...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IlliniSox4Life

Reaction score
So I just got back from picking this stuff up. I thought I would brag :ban:

What I got:
-6 Ball lock kegs. Need to be reconditioned, but otherwise good condition
-4 sets of disconnects (gas and liquid)
-Various lengths of hosing (pretty new stuff, I think the guy only tested them out).
-Various hose fittings/clamps/connectors.
-1 dual regulator
-1 single regulator
-2 20 lb CO2 tanks (one appears to be in like new condition)
-Soda carbonator (I guess you put water in and it outputs carbonated soda water. Don't know much about this. Anybody have any experience with one of these? Is there anyway I can use it in beer kegging? could it be used to force carb?)
-A Four head Soda dispenser. It turns on and gets really cold. I'm not sure if I am going to use this or try to resell it. I was thinking the device inside might be able to be rigged up as a wort chiller somehow. The guy said you put water in and it gets almost ice cold in like 20 minutes.

Total Cost: $120. The kegs are pretty much worth it alone.

The kegs need to be scrubbed, and two of them are full of soda syrup that I need to dump. The dispenser is got soda syrup on it too, but otherwise everything is in good shape.

Excellent score.

The carbonator needs chilled water to work. I drink a ton of seltzer water, and the only way to make it is with a Seltzer bottle or with the machine you picked up, using cold water. I would sell that part with the soda dispenser, they kind of go together.

Gedvondur

Excellent score.

The carbonator needs chilled water to work. I drink a ton of seltzer water, and the only way to make it is with a Seltzer bottle or with the machine you picked up, using cold water. I would sell that part with the soda dispenser, they kind of go together.

Gedvondur

Why can't you make seltzer water with a corny and a CO2 source?

Why can't you make seltzer water with a corny and a CO2 source?

Oh, I can. But I brew with a friend (scotty_g) and our Cornys and regulators are at his house. As well as the kegerator. No big deal, frankly seltzer water is cheap to buy for my own consumption needs. It would take a heck of a long time to get my money back considering the costs of a tank, regulator, corny kegs, etc to do it myself. And that is assuming I wouldn't want a cold source to keep it in.

The compressor mentioned here is for making soda water more or less on the fly. The technology that is used in it needs the water to be cold in order to get the CO2 into solution. Its not really a matter of wanting more CO2 into solution, its the fact that those compressors really don't work without cold water. I'm not sure why exactly, but every soda guy I have talked to has pretty much said "no worky" without chilled water.

Gedvondur

i worked with these machines for over eigth years and the water doesn't have to be cold before you run it threw the carbonator. we used water right out of the tap run it threw the carbonator threw the cold plate and out the soda heads where it mixes with the syrup. I dont' know that you would want to use it to carbonate beer though but i guess you could try.

How about 3 pin lock Corney's, double door faucet, 5lb tank, regulator, several feet of line, 3 sets of disconnects, extra gaskets
$100 at garage sale
not as sweet but figured tank, regulator, and faucet was worth it

Back