Super Snow Bowl in Dallas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delorean1981

Reaction score
While the snow and ice is preventing me from doing anything fun in either Ft Worth or Dallas this week, I have the cracking open of my first home brew to look forward to.:ban:

Has anyone else been able to get out and see either the ESPN setup in Ft Worth or the NFL experience in Dallas? It's kinda sad, I live 5 minutes from the stadium but can't get near it. And it's supposed to snow tonight!

And to make matters worse, I have nothing to brew :D

At least they can cover the stadium. Can't wait to see the Superbowl in 2014 at Giants Stadium.

I live about 10 minutes North of downtown Fort Worth and had been planned on going and watching the end of Mike and Mike and the beginning of the herd on Tuesday morning. Ha Ha. I left my driveway for the first time this morning.

I haven't left home since Monday. I live in Keller and I go to the law school in downtown FTW and fortunately school has been cancelled the past three days. I accidentally almost drove into the espn stage when they blocked off part of Calhoun on Monday. It's huge and right in the middle of Main St. With how cold and icy it is I really doubt anybody is walking around downtown Fort Worth but I suspect people are chancing the roads to go to the NFL Experience. Especially people from up north who are experienced ice drivers.

This week has been great for brewing. I've brewed two batches and made spent grain bread. I probably could have made a third batch on Wednesday if I hadn't spent so much time watching TV.

I'm in McKinney, and I had some serious cabin fever going on. I recently brewed my first batch of homebrew, and the icy highways stopped me from making it over to HomebrewHQ in Richardson to pick up my second kit.

Do you guys in Tarrant Co. also go to Homebrew HQ or is there another store out there?

Jason

There is a store in the mid-cities (Foreman's) that has some stuff. It's pricey for everything but grain, which is fairly cheap but the selection is extremely limited. I go there for base grains because it's cheap and 10 minutes away. There is also a store in south Fort Worth near Arlington (Winemaker's Shop) that has a great selection of grain and various equipment. That's usually where I go for my specialty grain needs.

I tried to go to HBHQ one Friday afternoon but they close so early that with traffic I got there ten minutes after they close. I hear good things about the store. There is also a shop in the Carrollton area (Winemaker's Toy Store) that seems to have a decent selection and may be a little cheaper than HBHQ. I haven't been there and I think it's further away from you in McKinney.

I made my way to the Albertson's near my house this morning. I was running out of food and the cabin fever was getting too bad. Now it is back to the house for another day...

Back