Super Cheap 3/8" copper tubing!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a compression fitting in my wort chiller when I first built it, and all the heating, cooling and moving around caused it to loosen and seep water into the beer. This wouldn't be so bad on a municipal water supply, but I use raw lake water to cool. I don't think I got an infection but I did drink that batch fairly quick.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/how-mess-up-immersion-chiller-189468/

I'll give you another good one. I was dead set on building a SOF chiller, so I went out and bought 3 sheets of 2' x 4' x 2" extruded polystyrene. When I got to the register, the girl didn't know what I had, and she didn't have a book to look up the codes, so she asked the girl on another register. The girl told her something like 7 dollars a sheet. I immediately knew I scored. When I saw the receipt, she charged me for 1/2 inch instead of 2 inch. So I paid half price for my fermentation chiller. Couple that with the FREEEEE copper tubing, and I'm saving money all over the place. That would be realism.

I like to keep things simple, if you steal knowingly that is called theft. When a state determines that thieves poses an internal threat to its security and sovereignty and starts cutting their hands off, that is called realism.

Ah, HD got enough from me. I musta spent 15,000 dollars in that place since i bought my house. Its not my fault the girl doesn't pay better attention. Thats probably why she works in HD. And that copper tubing, it was the end of the job and was gonna get thrown away anyhow. I actually got beat on the deal. If i woulda waited another couple days i coulda got it out of a dumpster and bought MYSELF the beers. I call that life in the big city.

Ah, HD got enough from me. I musta spent 15,000 dollars in that place since i bought my house. Its not my fault the girl doesn't pay better attention. Thats probably why she works in HD. And that copper tubing, it was the end of the job and was gonna get thrown away anyhow. I actually got beat on the deal. If i woulda waited another couple days i coulda got it out of a dumpster and bought MYSELF the beers. I call that life in the big city.

Hey if its scrap, fair game no big deal. I won't make a special trip back to a store to let them know if they screwed up in how much they charged me; but, if I notice it at the cash register I will correct them...helps me sleep better at night.

Back