Super Bowl (Brew) Day... whatcha brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing a Porter tomorrow. Will be drinking on SB sunday. I never drink and brew, I screw things up enough without alcohol on board :cross:

GT

I'll be brewing up an AHS Belgian White in the morning. I might whip up a batch of apfelwein too. And then if things aren't going well for the Cards I might start up a batch of AHS Oatmeal Stout Ale to get my mind off the game.

Ill be building my MLT and then brewing my first AG. Can't wait. Brewing the cream of 3 crops ale for a family ski trip with a bunch of BMCers.

Oktoberfest on Sat. and Alt on Sun. Can't have empty equipment can we?
The game doesn't start 'til 6 or so.
Plenty of time.

Newbie checking in with an AHS Red Ale classic kit and EdWort's Apfelwein. A busy weekend for me, will be the third brewday for all time.:rockin:

I don't have much to drink as the first batch was so good it is gone and the second batch is bottle conditioning. Luckily, I have 12 Bells Two Heart Ales to drink and root for the Cards (not to hard though, my heart still belongs to the Cowboys)

I will be brewing a belgian wit kit from Midwest on sunday.

What's this about a game? What game? Can I play?

(The last SB I watched had the vikings playing the chiefs, name that one sports fans)

I am brewing right now. This way I can sit on my ass tomorrow.

Here it is. I just made it up. It matches an IPA style.

10lbs Munich Briess Malt
3lbs Wheat Malt
3oz Cascade(8.7%) 60 minutes

I mashed in at 152 for an hour then fly sparged at 170 at a rate of 2 quarts a minute (I couldn't get it to stay running any slower than that).

It is still boiling at the moment, so, I don't know my OG. Should be around 1.070.

This is somewhat of a big beer to help balance out the hoppiness. It will still register in extremely hoppy which is what I am looking for.

IMG_0995.JPG

Unfortunately nothing, because my order is stuck in a UPS warehouse for the weekend. I had hoped to brew a nice Witbier with chamomile and juniper berries, but I'll have to postpone that until next week (probably Wednesday).

What a day for brewing! 63 and sunny! I'm just rockin out to 311 and surfin HBT for the first half (45min) of the boil. No hops till then.

Just finished a mini-mash oatmeal stout a couple hours ago - couldn't have asked for nicer day to do it. If tomorrow's weather is as nice as today's then it'll be a great day for football.

I brewed up a batch of Belgian Pale today. The occasion is not the Superbowl though. I am brewing to fill the 6 new kegs that I have coming my way.

Yellow Dog Pale Ale from The Home Brewery. I've heard good reviews and thought I'd give it a try. Trying to reduce my total cycle time for an extract brew session.

I'm doing a spiced winter ale/Scottish ale from Northern. I like brewing when there's snow on the ground, i bring buckets of snow in to cool the wort quickly in the kitchen sink.

I did brew the Cumbrian Double Brown Ale like I said I would. Went very smoothly, too, except that my experiment at aeration didn't work as well as I'd hoped. No harm, though, and I know I aerated well, so no worries.

Did my first pm yesterday! Did the midwest cal. steam. It's happily bubbling away right now.

I live and work a couple miles from where the Cards play.......... had to do it yesterday. Couldn't miss that game! They fell a bit short but what a game! The Cards rocked us this year....... great season!

:rockin:

I gave my first time brewing a shot Saturday. I hope everything came out fine. I have it in the primary now and the airlock is bubbling away now. I will let it sit for a while and see what happens. It was a Red Ale from Brewers Best.

SuDZ27

I gave my first time brewing a shot Saturday. I hope everything came out fine. I have it in the primary now and the airlock is bubbling away now. I will let it sit for a while and see what happens. It was a Red Ale from Brewers Best.

SuDZ27

That was my first ever too! I loved that one. I still brew variations on that recipe and it is the only recipe I have ever repeated.

Made a Blue Heron IPA clone on Saturday before the Penn/St. Pierre fight...then drank a lot of homebrew during the super bowl. great game btw!

That was my first ever too! I loved that one. I still brew variations on that recipe and it is the only recipe I have ever repeated.

Glad to hear that. I am hoping that all goes well and in a few weeks I can move on to the next stage. It was fun to do so hopefully the outcome is good and motivates me to do it again!

SuDZ27

Back