Super bowl + 2 kegs = good times

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newfie

Reaction score
Here's how to get two kegs in a fridge that fits one!!
DSCF1564.jpg

safe and secure old fire extinuisher with hydro and new valve!!
DSCF1563.jpg

A beast of a regulator
DSCF1562.jpg

Total cost: $100.00 +/- a couple of t:tank: nies

Definitely not one of the more glamorous set ups ... but its serving cold perfectly carbed bitter and porter today!!!
right on,
newfie

rdwj said:
good god that's a huge regulator!
haha ... i got it for free but the brass was worth 20 bucks at the recycle depot ... almost cashed it in and bought a new one ... but it works

wow, finally something to brag about ... my regulator!!
my dog is a minature poodle, my car is a rusty ole hatch back,

but my regulator is HUGE.
haha
that could be a pick up line ...

ya, the game was awesome. The boys were loving it ... the beer i mean:D . They were like kids ... pouring their own pints. Good times. My brew partner was on deck so we chatted about brewing ... the football guys watched the game ....

it was a cornicopia of awesomeness...:mug:

hey Sir, i noticed you're from canuck ... where abouts ... always nice to see fellow canucks here,
brewfie the newfie

Hey, baby. Want to come back to my place, drink some homebrew and play with my huge regulator??

rdwj said:
The bigger the regulator, the bigger the windmill?

rofl, good one bro.

I'd keep that reg just because it looks cool. Actually the whole tank and reg setup rock.

Maybe I've overlooked the obvious...but how do you convert an old fire extiguisher into a refilleable CO2 tank?:eek:

I am looing for a way to get some CO2 out of my 20lb steel monstrosity and make my set up more portable...and rigging an old Lowes extinguisher sure seems less expensive than buying a new tank.

Anyone have a "how to"?

KalvinEddie said:
Maybe I've overlooked the obvious...but how do you convert an old fire extiguisher into a refilleable CO2 tank?:eek:

I am looing for a way to get some CO2 out of my 20lb steel monstrosity and make my set up more portable...and rigging an old Lowes extinguisher sure seems less expensive than buying a new tank.

Anyone have a "how to"?
hey kalvin, first off the fire extinguisher has to be the co2 kind. I just took mine to a gas place and the guy repaced the valve, hydro tested and refilled it for me. He was a great guy and gave me great price on it. It'd prolly be cheaper to buy a new one if you were to pay full price. But, none the less ... thats how!
right on
brewfie

Back