Super Agata Capper - Tips

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewer3401

Reaction score
I hope this has not already been posted, but:

Yes, the caps do stick to the inside of the bell.
----Use a Q-tip with vaseline (sparingly) to coat the inside of the bell - works fine.

Noticed a popping sound after each capping (when I released the handle to go back to the up position)
---- I removed the bell and the plunger with spring assembly and removed from the top of the unit.
I used my finger to put a light coat of vaseline on the inside of the housing and directly on the spring (didn't need much) - no more popping.

I just received today, and did some dry runs to get used to the machine. It's built pretty well, but the sticking and popping concerned me at first. Not a big deal to resolve those problems.

Interesting. I've never had a cap get "stuck" in the bell of my SA. And I only lightly veggie oiled the inside of the bell to assure the crown cap folds uniformly around the bottle.

No "popping sound" either. Any chance yours is missing the magnet?

Cheers!

Interesting. I've never had a cap get "stuck" in the bell of my SA. And I only lightly veggie oiled the inside of the bell to assure the crown cap folds uniformly around the bottle.

No "popping sound" either. Any chance yours is missing the magnet?

Cheers!

No, the magnet is in there. I think the popping sound was the spring not being lined up - probably did not need the vaseline.

I promise, the first 3 cappings did not stick, then it began to stick (gold caps). But with the vaseline, no more sticking - veggie oil sounds like a good idea also.

Back