Sunday beer!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, hard to believe that there are still states that have 'blue laws'. I'm 38 and beer/liquor has been legal on Sundays my whole life. Congrats Indiana for moving into the 18th century!! LOL

MN is still in the old days as well. Only 3.2% beer at grocery stores and no off premise sales on Sunday. Grocery stores can have a separate store right next door that sells beer/liquor/alcohol, but they can't have a door from one to the other.

Wow, hard to believe that there are still states that have 'blue laws'. I'm 38 and beer/liquor has been legal on Sundays my whole life. Congrats Indiana for moving into the 18th century!! LOL

Yeah, we are moving up in the world. We even went to Daylight Savings Time a few years ago.
Maybe even one day they will open the liquor stores on Sunday.

Heck, we just got Sunday sales in our city a year or so ago. Have to wait until after 1PM, though. Guess they don't want drunk people going to church. Also a local restaurant can't serve alcoholic beverages because it is within 500' of a church. I guess they are afraid attendance will be down if parishioners know they can detour into a local pub.

We are still stuck in the 15th century here in Bama. Sunday Laws some no sales some after certain times. We got dry cities and counties. Some cities have to close bars if a church moves into the area because not allow to sell in some many yards of church.

We have no seperation of church and state here, we allow it to control the state.

Back