Summit India Pale Ale Labels/Sanitization

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tkelly32

Reaction score
So has anyone else been confronted with the problem of Summit bottles and their labels being incredibly stubborn to remove? I soak my bottles either in PBW or most recently oxyclean and the Hacker Pschorrs, Red Hooks, leffes, fat tires, goose islands all come off easy after a 24 hr soak sometimes quicker than that but for some reason the ones I want the most to come off, because they are the shorter bottles that fit in the dishwasher on both racks, do not want to come off. Any solution? As well, after I soak my beer bottles in oxyclean or PBW is it necessary to wash them before sanitizing in the dishwasher with no soap? Thanks and regards.

they are incredibly difficult no matter what you soak them in. I set them aside and didn't even bother. I had to use a putty knife and follow up with a bristle brush afterwards. I decided they weren't worth it and didn't use them.

Back