Summer brew suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicroBrewMaster

Reaction score
Looking for once to be ahead of the seasons and have my beer be ready. Been browsing through so many recipes and can't decide so figured I would ask anyone for one that they suggest.
I do pm or extract
And I hate fruit beers haha
Other than that I would love anyone's favorite that they brew
Thanks

My favorite summer beer is Bent Rod Rye. Took a long time to perfect a hoppy, low-gravity beer.

Saisons are about my favorite summer beers. Besides that blonde ales, Wits, Hefe's, a nice lighter bodied pale ale.

Wheat beers & pale ales with some good hoping are always crowd pleasers. I like to brew an English bitter to go with pit bbq also. They make good mop sauces,& fit the smokey flavors well.

I think you are wide open - something that is lower in OG, around 1040ish. I'm partial to a good wheat or blonde ale for summer time...

Cheers!

I have some hefeweizen fermenting away and a pilsner that has been layering for about 5 weeks so far.

The watermelon wheat suggestion sounds great, but I just don't know if I can duplicate that crisp clean watermelon taste like 21a...I may just have to give it a try...

I have found that I do not drink only "Beer X" in a drinking session regardless of the season.

A typical fishing/camping day would go something like:
For breakfast a cool (not ice cold) caffeinated breakfast stout with my eggs and bacon. Then I generally have red/darker wheat beer before lunch. Lunch time I switch to pilsner/cream ale/kolsh or other lighter beer. After lunch and a game of horse shoes a Skeeter Pee is perfect. Then in the late afternoon I switch to Pale ales or an IPA. Dinner I try to pair a beer or wine to the meal. Then around a campfire I like to have Scotch Ale, Smoked/Wood Aged Ale, Dopplebock or Rye. I will also send around a bottle of wine, typically apfel or Skeeter Pee.

All that being said I recommend a batch of Skeeter Pee and a Kolsh ASAP.

I like a cold lager on a summer day. I just made an American Lager recipe and I'll try to keep it around until summer, and if not, well I can't make any more because of the temp control issue. It will be light and crisp when its done, but not like a BMC because I made it myself.

Jdk261 said:
The watermelon wheat suggestion sounds great, but I just don't know if I can duplicate that crisp clean watermelon taste like 21a...I may just have to give it a try...

Do a search for loranns watermellon. Add 1 dram of Lorann oils watermellon to 5 gallons after fermentation. Great poolside brew.

Back