Suino nero Cavour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniele96

Reaction score
This time I won't share a recipe of salami or other type of meat. I want share some photo of the pigs I use to make salami, prosciutto, sanguinaccio and other things. Theese are some pictures of a Suino Nero Cavour from the south part of Piedmont (it comes from the area of Barolo, Barbaresco, Alba and Asti). This particular pig arrive at the weight of 190 kg maximum in 2 years of breeding but it is particular for his fat which has a particular flavour between hazelnut, truffles and acorns which are its food during its life. It lives outside all its life in forest (except in winter when it is brought inside for the cold climate). This pig was near to be extinct during the 1950s years because farmers preferred the use of selected type of pigs like the American large white pig which become more than 200 kg when it is adult.
download.jpeg-1.jpeg
maiale-nero-2-678x509.jpeg
maiale-nero-1.jpeg

Back