suggestions for BIAB pulley track

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virgil1

Reaction score
I have a pulley to pull my basket out for BIAB, and that works fine. The issue is I can't swing/slide it over so I can set it down. I'd like to find a track I can install a pulley into. That way I can pull the basket out full of grain, let it drain a bit, then slide it over 16 inches so I can set it down on my bench. Any thoughts on where I can get a pulley to fit into a track or the easiest way to do this? I'd really like to put the basket onto the plastic lid you see on the left in the picture.

2015-08-22 18.47.00.jpg

That looks like a good idea. I could also put the kettle on some sort of moving track so I could slide IT to the left. Still thinking(next batch not for a few weeks, building the kegerator first).

a piece of unistrut screwed into your ceiling joists and a 4 wheel trolly to hold your pulley assembly? Trolly is less than $30 and can hold up a LOT of weight.

I love me some unistrut.

BSD

a piece of unistrut screwed into your ceiling joists and a 4 wheel trolly to hold your pulley assembly? Trolly is less than $30 and can hold up a LOT of weight.

I love me some unistrut.

BSD

What's a good place to buy unistrut online? Amazon was crazy expensive for shipping. I think this is the way to go. A piece of unistrut and a trolley! Looks like awesome stuff.:ban::ban::ban:

dunno about online. The local to me Home Depot carries it, as does the local metal supplier. You'll probably have to order the trolley though...

BSD

Mine slides easy on a piece of 5/8" diameter bar stock. The eye bolt is centered over my kettle. I go to the right or left of it, depending on which side of my brew bench is cleared for lowering the bag into a bucket.

BIAB_10.jpg

Mine slides easy on a piece of 5/8" diameter bar stock. The eye bolt is centered over my kettle. I go to the right or left of it, depending on which side of my brew bench is cleared for lowering the bag into a bucket.

I missed this post. Thanks! That's a good idea!

Back