Suggestions for a flat lifting top keezer mechanism

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calgary222

Reaction score
I have a 50's kegerator now, but acquired over the years a nice vintage beer engine/pull plus a multi-tap ceramic tower... and I am told I must maintain a tap for soda water..

With that much hardware on top, I am thinking i don't want to have to "tip" the top of the keezer to gain access

I recall that someone had a crank or some kind of mechanism to go straight up - if someone remembers the link , that would be helpful.

Other alternatives are to roll out the freezer on wheels and somehow drop the top back on for a good seal or shorten the top depth and permanently mount the taps toward the rear...

Ideas or links appreciated,

Cheers!

Had some time this weekend so I decided to attack the problem..

Initially I was going to have "wings" on either end to support the tower and the tap, then it occurred to me I really don't need the original top, so that opened up the option of putting the towers on the sides and having, albeit smaller, access through the middle.

After a few hours work, this is where I am at (41" freezer). It's a bit taller than I wanted, but if I was going to use the "shelf inside, I needed the extra couple of inches.

IMG_20180325_2318595.jpg
IMG_20180325_2318188.jpg

Those are good suggestions Goe, it looks like they only elevate about 10 inches up though and would make for a pretty tight opening. However, the second one has dimensions on it and I think there is space in a typical keezer to double them - that might work...

I've already started in on mine, so will stick with this design for now. I will have to shuffle kegs a bit, but I think it will be fine,

Cheers!

Thanks Tom,
The Land Cruiser is one of two I redid for my kids, the Volvo 1800E is a project I am waiting for my wife to forgive me for purchasing before I start in on it... so I drink while I wait.. :)

Back