Stuffable insulation around shanks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abernat

Reaction score
TL;DR: what's a good kind of stuffable insulation that's easier on the hands than fiberglass but removeable/repackable, unlike spray foam?

I'm building a kegerator for work. For marketing reasons, we're building the unit inside a leftover chassis. Without going into too much detail, what there is is:

1) A large metal box with a swinging front door and removable back door;
2) A cold foam box made to fit inside the metal box, with a removable back panel.

Obviously, the kegs go inside the cold foam box :) We'll load from the back, with the front staying closed almost all of the time.

I would like a hand with one design problem. The shanks will go through the front metal door and protrude into the cold box; this means I need to cut a hole in the foam and insulate around the shanks. However, the shanks have to be removable, so I can't just spray foam them in. Instead, I'd like some sort of packable/stuffable alternative.

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back