Stuck?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewingmadness

Reaction score
I am attempting a Pliny clone. So Thursday I checked my gravity and it was at 1.025. This was after 11 days fermenting. Today I checked it again and it is still at 1.025. My target is 1.015. I have it fermenting in a chest freezer that stays between 64-68. Maybe a little cold so I upped the controller to 71. I was about to rack to a secondary, but want some opinions. I used safeale-05. Is it stuck? On brew day, I dropped a bit of lme on the ground, and had a boilover. My starting gravity was supposed to be 1.077 and I came in at 1.069. I sampled the brew and it tastes good, a little sweet though. I have some nottingham, safeale-05 and some wlp001 if needed. What do you guys think? Wait a couple more days at a higher temp and check again, pitch some more yeast, or just rack to the secondary? Thanks

Give it more time. Bigger beers take more time, and 11 days is still a little short.
We could also use more details on the recipe, the mash, particularly temperature, and the yeast, like how large a starter you used and what temp you pitched the yeast at, and if you oxygenated to be more sure.

if it's not finished, and it's not, don't move it off of the yeast. don't move it at all if you ask me, finished or not.

Back