strawberry wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reiffer75

Reaction score
Few questions about my witbier kit that i just racked on top of 5lbs. of frozen strawberries. First off this is my first time witha a blow off tube, does the bucket need to be covered? also is the carboy too full, i didn't want to lose alot of beer so i filled it to the top. And then how long do i leave it in, should i take the beer back off the berries at some point or just leave it till bottling day?

ForumRunner_20120712_170923.jpg

I just did my first strawberry wheat too. Like you, it was full to the top and I did not have any issue. Only a slight secondary fermentation. I left it on the berries for 7 days then racked back into a bucket to let it clear for a week. Its in bottles now, not ready to drink quite yet dammmmmit!! I took some samples while bottling :D it was fantastic!

Thanks hope yours turns out good for you...i know my wife is very excited for this one th finish up

Tried a bottle yesterday, still really green (only a week in the bottle). Great strawberry flavor! In reality, probably too much strawberry, but I am expecting it to fade as it ages. If it does not, I will definitely cut the strawberries down from 8 lbs to 6 or so next time. Im sure it will be a hit with the BMC drinkers though!!

davekippen said:
Tried a bottle yesterday, still really green (only a week in the bottle). Great strawberry flavor! In reality, probably too much strawberry, but I am expecting it to fade as it ages. If it does not, I will definitely cut the strawberries down from 8 lbs to 6 or so next time. Im sure it will be a hit with the BMC drinkers though!!

If you want to try a strawberry bomb, track down some Fruli, a Belgian Wit. It's like a strawberry Lambic without the sourness.

Back