Strange issue with pin lock keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phrank

Reaction score
Hi. I'm fairly new to kegging, and I have a batch of four pin lock kegs that I bought. I took all four apart and cleaned them and replaced the gaskets as I used them. I've now gotten to the fourth keg, and the CO2 post won't screw back on. I've tried other CO2 posts with the same result. What's strange is that the liquid post screws on just fine. I thought I would simply switch the liquid and CO2 tubes then, but I can't do that. The liquid tube has these 'Frankenstein'-like nodes on each side near the top, and the liquid hole into the keg has the analogous female slots. So that liquid tube will only go into that one spot. I initially thought that maybe the threads were stripped, but they aren't. And as I said, the liquid post screws on just fine. What am I missing here? Thanks.

Some pin lock kegs have different threads on each post ( I have one). I'm guessing that's what your problem is. Maybe you can contact the place you bought them from and get a replacement post.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It definitely seemed to me to be that way since the threads didn't look stripped, but I would have never thought there would have been two different threads. I'm sure there was a reason for it, but it doesn't make logical sense to me. I've got 3 of the 4 'good ones' here with me, and those are the Firestone/Spartanburg (full circle) kegs. The strange one is at my dad's at the moment, so I can't check until after work. I'll post back. Thank you very much for the information!

Back