Storing recently bottled beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD1999

Reaction score
So I just finally bottled my first batch after letting it ferment for a month! I put the bottles back where I was fermenting the beer. It is probably like 60 degrees farenheight. Is that okay? Or should they be stored where it is hotter? Thanks everyone!

You should be fine. Your beer would carb up quicker if it were a bit warmer (say about 70), but 60 is good. I put my bottles where I ferment, too; unfortunately, my basement is around 70. Next batch I'm rigging up a swamp cooler!

If I move it out of my basement there is a possibility that the temp would hit 70-80 during the day. maybe even 80 plus. Is that ok?

Just leave them where they are and start another brew while you are waiting for this brew to carb up.

Thanks homebrewdad, that range is exactly what I needed to hear! My ferment area is probably around 75, just a little hall closet, which will turn into conditioning room soon. Keeps it out of the "public eye" and SWMBO happy. :ban:

In my experience, 80+ won't do anything bad to bottled beer as long as it's in a dark place.

Back