Storing grains?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPAfreek

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered a bunch of grains that I use on a regular basis (instead of going to LHBS everytime I want to brew) and was wondering how everybody else stored their grains, hops and etc. I apologize in advance if this has already come up somewhere, my phone and the search function for this site dont get along very well :mad:

Cheers!:mug:

My base grains (50lb bags) I store in 5 gal plastic buckets. The specialty grains that I buy by the pound, I just reseal the bag it comes in with my food saver.

I use 5g buckets for base and store the specialty grains in screw top 3qt containers from the dollar store. Hops go in vacuum bags in the freezer.

Yep, 5 gallon buckets here too. They stack really well so I could get about 1000lbs of grain in my bathroom closet if I felt like.

I have seen tons of HD orange buckets on many a photo of peoples grain storage. I will follow suit.

Thanks everybody! You guys are fast on here. Luckily I have a stock pile of empty 5 gal buckets here at work, I doubt they will miss 7 or 8 of them...:D

Back