Stone +Sierra Nevada North by South IPA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvpeacock

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, just found this at the local liquor store. Who knew that Stone and Sierra Nevada collaborated on a beer. I bought 3 bottles and only 1 is left. Simply fantastic.

See the following for details: http://www.stonebrewing.com/beer/stone-collaborations/stone-sierra-nevada-nxs-ipa#ageGatePassed

Stone Siera 1.jpg

Ya it's a pretty tasty IPA, a little more malty than Stone's usual. You can really taste the SN influence.

Speaking of rare(er) Stone offerings, if you find one, Stone's Thunderstruck IPA is AMAZING. I bought every bottle at my local shop and am sad no one seems to have it anymore.

Think I might follow your lead and buy out the remainder of the local liquor store's North by South IPA. No telling if they will ever make another. I will look for the Thunderstruck while I'm there.

I also just tried Stone's Pataskala Red X IPA which is delicious as well.

I am currently drinking a Pataskala for the first time and you are right it is delicious. Thunderstruck is a really good beer but from what I understand it was a fairly small release, atleast by stone standards, but it was great. Any tasting notes in the north by south? I am going to try to find it tomorrow

Pataskala - One of the best Red or even Stone IPAs I ever had. Perfection.

Now I must go beer hunting for NxS :)

Gonna have to see if my 'beer warehouse' store has any..Wonder if this is just for you left coasters?...

Yes, I had one the last time I visited Stone in Escondido. Very well done collaboration IMHO. Like the previous poster noted, you can definitely taste (smell) the SN influence.

Back