Stepping up to All Grain!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mforsman

Reaction score
Finally going from PM to All Grain after two years. I couldn't have done it without this place, so thanks everyone! :mug:

If everything goes as planned, I'll be brewing this weekend. I just filled my 10 gallon cooler lid with expanding foam. Next up is tapping my old brew pot to turn into a hot liquor tun.

Needless to say, SWMBO wasn't thrilled when the "little cooler" showed up. Maybe it will be easier tomorrow when the "little kettle" shows up.

good luck! i'm brewing a couple batches this weekend as well.. be sure you run through the steps with your equipment laid out in front of you before you actually start, that way you will hopefully have a better idea on how to do it all when the time comes..

good luck! i'm brewing a couple batches this weekend as well.. be sure you run through the steps with your equipment laid out in front of you before you actually start, that way you will hopefully have a better idea on how to do it all when the time comes..

A dry run. Perfect idea, thanks.

A dry run. Perfect idea, thanks.

Write down every step, with reminders on when to take SG readings. Follow your list and check things off. Sometimes there's a lot going on, and you can easily forget something.

I don't think AG is a money pit. I spend about $12 on grain for a typical brew (which I do every other week). It would cost me $32 for extract, so I save over $500 per year, and I've been doing AG for 18 years. Sure, I need a grain mill, a couple converted coolers, a false bottom/manifold/braid, a turkey fryer, and somewhere to store the grain, but all of that has cost me much less than $500

-a.

Latest posts

Back