Step by Step instruction for First Time Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mohegan

Reaction score
I looked and searched on here for a step by step guide or instructions for 1st time brewer.. couldnt find it so i figured id ask on forum..

I got a MR Beer tank but need ingredients wanted to make fresh ingredients all grain if possible - wanted to start with a brown ale or ipa..

Some instructions would be helpful and great addition to us searching this forum.. Thank you much in advance CHEERS all!!

I do have a brewing supply company in town selling some hops in refrigerator and probably more..

Thx all

I looked and searched on here for a step by step guide or instructions for 1st time brewer.. couldnt find it so i figured id ask on forum..

Seriously, you couldn't find ANY on here? Did you even bother to look at the stickeys at the top of the very forum you posted in? (Hint hint, stickeys are USUALLY where the most important, most basic, and answers to the most often asked questions can be found.)

Like this one? Sticky: Beginner extract brewing howto

Or to take it a step further, Easy Partial Mash Brewing (with pics)

You don't think in all the years, with all the 10's or thousands of users on here, SOMEONE might have thought to do it before you? ;)

Honestly my best recommendation is to start with the Mr. Beer brew that came with the kit just so you have a better understanding of exactly what's going on with the process.

Unfortunately if you go All Grain as your first recipe and mess something up and then wait 6ish weeks to find out, you might be pretty discouraged from brewing again.

Just my opinion, but its how I started and I felt much more comfortable during my first AG recipe than I would have otherwise.

Great instructions. I am a relatively new home-brewer, too.

You can make great beer with extract, BIAB, and, AG. Read as much of Palmer's that you can understand and jump in. It is a fun and rewarding hobby.

I got a MR Beer tank but need ingredients wanted to make fresh ingredients all grain if possible - wanted to start with a brown ale or ipa..

Some instructions would be helpful and great addition to us searching this forum.. Thank you much in advance CHEERS all!!

#1 - Throw away the Mr. Beer instructions. They are garbage.

#2 - There's no problem brewing up the HME (hopped malt extract) you got with your MB. With a bit of modification (steeping 1/2lb crystal 60, adding a pound of DME and a bit of additional hops), you can make a tasty batch of brew and learn the process.

#3 - Hold off on trying to jump beyond that for your first batch. Use it as an opportunity to learn important things like controlling temperatures at pitching (both the wort and the yeast), rehydrating dry yeast and fermenting at the right temps (mid 60's) for the right length of time (3 weeks). Then, learn about batch priming and bottling what you made.

You will learn a lot about brewing during those first few batches and end up getting more comfortable with it.

Which MB refill came with your kit? I've got nice recipes for the Classic American Light and the Aztec Cerveza from back when I learned using the MB kit.

Seriously, you couldn't find ANY on here? Did you even bother to look at the stickeys at the top of the very forum you posted in? (Hint hint, stickeys are USUALLY where the most important, most basic, and answers to the most often asked questions can be found.)

Like this one? Sticky: Beginner extract brewing howto

Or to take it a step further, Easy Partial Mash Brewing (with pics)

You don't think in all the years, with all the 10's or thousands of users on here, SOMEONE might have thought to do it before you? ;)

Be nice!!!

Thanks all - just couldnt seem to find what i was looking / searching for - step by step is what i needed.. thx for direction peeps.. will document what i make - gonna have to find the right ingredients to start with.. Hope i dont mees it up - I saw somewhere that instead of bottling and having to wait more time bc of the sugar added to bottles just to put in kegs with c02 tanks .. to avoid the additional wait.. maybe i can use the Mr Beer thing for a cask or something.. for like cask ale..

Back