steam style in keg = no taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illinibrew

Reaction score
Kegged a steam style kit and it's carbonated now. However, it has no taste. Trying to figure out what went wrong... but in the meantime I've got a question. The wife and I decided it would taste pretty all right with a hint of lemon.

Can I just open the keg and drop some lemon slices or some lemon juice in and reseal and go on my way??? Has anyone done this before?

I just reviewed the recipe and there was a 15 min and 2 min hop addition, but still it's less taste than a commercial light beer.

Why not just keep some lemon around and put a fresh slice in the glass? Or even a small shot of lemon juice?

If you're comfortable violating the Man Law against fruiting the beer, that is ;)

Well, that makes sense and it's plan B...

but i was hoping to hear if anyone had placed fruit or hops or anything right into the keg to add to the taste of a brew once it was on tap?

Back