stc 1000 thermocouple type

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owly055

Reaction score
What thermocouple type is used on the STC 1000........ J ? K? etc. I believe it is a K type, but am not sure.

I set my cheap Walmart convection oven up to be controlled by an STC 1000 for kilning home malted barley, but I'm concerned about the plasticized probe. though I don't expect really high temps to be use.

I'm approaching the "finish line" on this project, building a rotating screened drum which will turn in the rotisserie. The convection fan and precision temp control with the convection fan should allow me to both dry and kiln small quantities of malt.

The project is a bit on the small side, but my typical brew size these days is 2 gallons, calling for about 4 pounds of malt. If I'm happy with the results, I'll build a large scale unit

H.W.

I believe it's not a thermocouple at all - I'm pretty sure that these use a RTD for measurement.

Cheers!
Dale

Back