Stay classy Bud: Trips to the ER

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Though Jernigan was quick to point out that no conclusions could be made about beer or malt liquor advertising, pricing, or even consumption based on the study since it was too small – 105 patient interviews -- and took place in only one hospital in Baltimore in mostly black neighborhood, he proved such research was possible."

Sounds legit and newsworthy. I'm guessing the well has run dry at MSNBC?

They're trying very hard to tie it to marketing, but it clearly has more to do with availability and abv/$. People drinking to get drunk are looking for the cheapest item with the highest alcohol content that they can still choke down (somewhat) easily. I'm sure there's a little brand loyalty involved, but the choice in brand probably boiled down to those criteria in the first place.

Teromous said:
"Though Jernigan was quick to point out that no conclusions could be made about beer or malt liquor advertising, pricing, or even consumption based on the study since it was too small – 105 patient interviews -- and took place in only one hospital in Baltimore in mostly black neighborhood, he proved such research was possible."

I'm not sure MSNBC has ever had a full well.....

I live in the Baltimore area and worked in the city for awhile. Study def holds true for the area.

I spent a year working at a special education school. Before we took the kids to the playground for recess, we had to clean up needles, dime bags, condemns, and to make sure the most recent graffiti wasn't too offensive.

Colt 45 bottles everywhere.....

I'm not sure MSNBC has ever had a full well.....

I live in the Baltimore area and worked in the city for awhile. Study def holds true for the area.

I spent a year working at a special education school. Before we took the kids to the playground for recess, we had to clean up needles, dime bags, condemns, and to make sure the most recent graffiti wasn't too offensive.

Colt 45 bottles everywhere.....

Hey, at least they're using condoms.... :cross:

But seriously, ktblunden hit the nail on the head: it's all about abv/$ in the demographic they "studied."

That's about as useful as doing a study on how many dads own chinos in a mostly white suburb.

Latest posts

Back