starter kits kegs or bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renshaw

Reaction score
Ive been making cider and wine in 1 gal batchers for a while.

I've been thinking of getting a starter kit for 5 gal what are a good one to get in your view? (in the uk)
Also i was considering going for a keg but with more thought it seemed i didn't have the room to cool it and no one likes hot beer!!

So bottles might be better, could someone help me find one that isn't junk :)

Thanks!

Do a Google search for an LHBS near you. Or on-line suppliers That ship to your area. They all have starter kits with everything you need for a 5 gallon batch. You could even check out Northern Brewer,Brewer's Best,or even amazon.com. Maybe Midwest Supplies.

I've always had great results with Midwest Supplies. I plan on getting my next batch from Northern Brewer. Not sure whether either company ships international though. Worth a try. If you go on Midwest Supplies' site they have an online chat feature. You can try that and ask if they can ship to you.

http://www.hopandgrape.com/public/catalog.asp?catid=BEE20233480

I would go with the quality kit including the 'little bottler' if you can - an infinitely useless bit of kit!

Plastic kegs are more hassle than they are worth until you decide to upgrade to a cornelius keg system, so I would stick with bottling to start with.

Good suppliers I use in the UK:
the malt miller
worchesterhopshop
thrifty shopper
hopandgrape

If you just want the basic extract kits there are a bunch of others like 'art of brewing' and 'the homebrew shop'.

Good luck!

Back