Star thistle honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug33

Reaction score
Anyone ever tried mead with this honey? I just bought 6lbs from a local store here in michigan, going to try a couple 1 gallon batches and see if it's any good for mead. It was a little pricey so I'm curious if it's worth the extra cost.

We don't have any cool types of honey in Los Angeles! All I get is Wildflower, Sage, Avocado and Buckwheat. How does the honey taste? That's usually the best indication of final product flavor.

it's tasty. a few people hate either the smell or flavor, but it's a good one IMO. Vaguely herbal/grassy, occasional fruity note that reminds me of lemon, definite anise. I'd probably water it down about 3 to 1 and taste and decide if it is for you.

good luck--
--Michael

B. Nektar uses it in their Zombie Killer tart cherry cyser. I've never actually used it but I really like that cyser of theirs.

It's pretty much all I use. Maybe a little golden rod in the fall. It's all up to the bees for me. What they produce is what I use. I don't want to go out and buy honey when I don't have to.

Back