Stalled at 1.017 SG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brucephenry

Reaction score
3.5 gal. I’d cider in a 5 gal. nalgene carboy. Started at 1.052 SG with 5g Red Star Premier Blanc yeast with 1.75 tsp yeast nutrients. Temperature has been held steady at 17C (62F).

After 3 weeks I’m stalled at 1.017 SG.

Any ideas?

Are you using a refractometer to measure? Seems like a normal FG if you forgot to correct the reading. No insult intended if this not the issue, I learned the refractometer FG correction lesson after much confusion...

Are you using a refractometer to measure? Seems like a normal FG if you forgot to correct the reading. No insult intended if this not the issue, I learned the refractometer FG correction lesson after much confusion...
Yup. That was totally it. FG = 0.976
Rookie mistake. 🤣

Good catch! Well done!

Cheers
Jay

Back