• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stainless Steel Dip Tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCubbyHole

Reaction score
I just bought a plate chiller so I'm going to be making my own hop/hot break screen out of some stainless steel mesh but I'd rather not use a copper dip tube because all of my other fittings are stainless. My kettle has a welded 1/2“ NPT coupling so I'm not looking for a weldless bulkhead. Can anyone help me out?

if you have a bender i have a large section of ss 1/2" .35 wall tubeing..i can cut whatever length ya need.

Brewhardware.com sells some nice stainless dip tubes.

Yeah I've been looking at there 5/8" dip tube but I just have a hard time paying over $20 for a bent tube and fitiing. I was hoping someone would have one laying around but that doesn't seem to be the case haha

if you have a bender i have a large section of ss 1/2" .35 wall tubeing..i can cut whatever length ya need.

The closest thing I have would be a conduit bender but I don't think that will bend it properly

Buy mandrel bender, buy length of tubing, find compression fittings for reasonable cost, bend tubing and find that the wall thickness was too thin to bend without kinking, curse, buy more tubing. Nevermind, I went through all that trouble already. :mug: Really though, I can sell you a bent tube and close nipple for a few bucks and you can silver solder those together if you just want to thread it in.

Buy mandrel bender, buy length of tubing, find compression fittings for reasonable cost, bend tubing and find that the wall thickness was too thin to bend without kinking, curse, buy more tubing. Nevermind, I went through all that trouble already. :mug: Really though, I can sell you a bent tube and close nipple for a few bucks and you can silver solder those together if you just want to thread it in.

That was nothing on you Bobby. In fact your stuff looks really nice I guess its just the principal of the idea and the fact that I'm cheap. I'll PM you about that offer though, thanks.

Latest posts

Back