• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stainless Steel Bulkheads 1/2" NPT internal threads

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered -214 and -213 O rings in sililcone but I imagine the -214 will be a perfect fit for my application.

I can't figure this out ... how can I go from the 3/4" straight threaded to some NPT's? I want to have the output from the kegs be 3/4" now instead of 1/2" so I want to use something on the 3/4" threads instead of putting a 1/2" nipple inside.

Yeah, I'm not sure how you'd go about doing this. Why 3/4", aren't you limited by the 1/2" hole through the middle?

Sorry, yes and no. I have bulkheads left, but I am out of o-rings. I am gonna place an order for more but I haven't had a chance to do it. I have maybe a dozen bulkheads but no o-rings. If anyone wants some without o-rings/gaskets; I'll sell them for $10 each plus flat rate shipping.

pickles,
I just got my 214 silicone O rings from O rings and more (first pkg was returned for damage from the USPS). 214 is a better fit for the recessed area past the threads.

pickles,
I just got my 214 silicone O rings from O rings and more (first pkg was returned for damage from the USPS). 214 is a better fit for the recessed area past the threads.

Thanks, I'll order some of them from o-ring store.

The new o-rings should arrive by Friday. I only purchased silicone o-rings, no Buna-N washers. So those that buy the remaining ones will get 2 silicone o-rings. I know from testing that only one is needed for a good seal, but since the previous ones shipped with 2, I'm going to continue that. Besides I had to buy way more than I actually needed :) BTW, I think I just got a hold of a bunch on Crydom 25A and 40A SSRs. It's going to take some work but I'll see what I can do.

What would be a good price range for used name brand SSRs. I'd have to buy a large lot and don't want to be stuck with a bunch I can't sell because I paid too much to begin with. I can probably get few different sized heatsinks, sort of like what I used in my build.

i would be in for 2 bulkheads, i can wait til the new orings come in. Heading out of town tomorrow for 10 days anyway. anyway shoot me a pm with your payment info and I'll get the $$$ to u.

Mike

Pickels, I know that I had asked for some of these before, but things came up and I never got around to sending the funds. Life is back to normal now and could use 3. Please send me the Paypal info and I will send the funds.

I have more o-rings now. I'm only shipping these with ONE silicone o-ring and no Buna-N. The buna washer was pointless. For those that expressed interest PM me.

I tried PM'ing you about theese but have not gotten a reply. I need a set very desperately, or even if you could tell me where to buy some.. Thanks in advance

I have a few of these that I did not end up using. They were all of very high quality and I was happy with them, however I ended up going a different direction for a few of the connections (3/4" on the outlets, etc). Anyways, if pickles doesn't reply, or doesn't care, I'd love to offload a few of these.

I have a few of these that I did not end up using. They were all of very high quality and I was happy with them, however I ended up going a different direction for a few of the connections (3/4" on the outlets, etc). Anyways, if pickles doesn't reply, or doesn't care, I'd love to offload a few of these.

I need two for sure, possibly 4.. I really need a 3/8 NPT but I can use bushings to reduce as well..

Sorry guys I've been really busy. TriangleIL free to sell them I don't mind it at all.

I am new to this forum and have not yet figured out how to make a purchase. I would like to purchase one of the 1/2" SS bulkheads that are listed for $12 each.

I have used all I need and have plenty extra. I bought these surplus so they are used but in great condition. Here are the specs: 316 SS, internal tapered 1/2" NPT threads on both ends, 3/4" straight external thread w/ locknut. I origanally bought new buna-n rubber o-rings as pictured but I don't like them. I bought silicone ones today and will be here by Monday. I'll include 1 silicone and 1 buna-n with each bulkhead and let you decide which to use. These things are very expensive new but I got a good deal on them and am gonna pass it on. I'm asking $12 each plus shipping. I think atleast five or six will fit in the $5 flat rate shipping box but I'll varify that tomorrow. As you can see in the pictures, some have a thicker nut but all function the same. Prosit!

4527283820_437a7723f3_b.jpg

4527284670_4bdddab569_b.jpg
How do I go about purchasing one of these bulkheads?

Send a Private Message to Pickles (the original poster) - This thread is almost a year old, and he may not be watching the posts. I'm not sure if he still has any left to sell...
It's worth a shot though! :)

To sell on the forums you post in the classifieds. Just like Craigslist or your local newspaper you must contact the seller directly and negotiate payment and shipping.

Latest posts

Back