Stainless Shank Flange

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialized

Reaction score
Hey all, question for those of you using a stainless steel shank flange as seen here:

http://www.kegworks.com/stainless-steel-flange-for-shank-773-p20694

When tightening the shank does the flange compress?

Compared to the standard plastic flange, what is the uncompressed height of the stainless one?

I ask, because I cannot install some of the thicker tap handles on my keezer and be able to keep the faucet shut off. As you can see in this older picture. The tap handle bumps against the top railing. So I was hoping the stainless flanges would give the little clearance I need. Any insight would be helpful. Thhanks.

IMG_5763.jpg

Note sure on the stainless flange, but had this idea. Build a 1/2" thick rectangular spacer block that all the shanks would go through. Use the same would and stain, use a router on the edges. That should move the faucets out enough to make the handles clear the top. Or you could go the easy way and add some big ass washers to the back of the plastic flange. Get some the same size as the flange and paint them black.

Another simple option would be to get a few angled bonnets just for the few handles that you have issues with. Several places sell them and they're made just for the issue you have. Check them out, they might be the easiest/cheapest solution.

I think first I'll try the washer route. I'll post back here with success/failure. I should try it this weekend.

Latest posts

Back