SS chugger pump $102 good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicahB

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm piecing together my Ebiab setup and need a pump so I googled chugger pump and this is what came up. Hopgoblin.com has these pumps for $102 plus shipping, which seems like a pretty good deal. What am I missing here? Has anybody bought from them? Is this something I should be all over or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

That's a steal. I bought the same one from BrewHardware. Works great

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well I just ordered one. The site looks legit enough, so we'll see how they do. Hopefully everything is good and I'll get a new pump for a pretty sweet price.

That is a good deal, I don't think it comes with a cord but that is cheap enough. Let us know how you make out. I wouldn't order from that site. I think a site that gives no address or information is a little shady. Good luck.

That is a good deal, I don't think it comes with a cord but that is cheap enough. Let us know how you make out. I wouldn't order from that site. I think a site that gives no address or information is a little shady. Good luck.

I hope its because they've just used a default website template and haven't set it up properly.

Their SSL certificate gives their contact details as:
Company: Hop Goblin LLC
Address: 11996 Artery Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
Telephone: 844-YOU-BREW
Email: [email protected]

which looks to be a private residence on Google Maps. This address is also given on the Returns page on the website.

Yes, it comes with a cord. That's just their stock image.

Warranty Disclaimer
This site and the materials and products on this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied.

This was on their terms and conditions

Warranty Disclaimer
This site and the materials and products on this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied.

This was on their terms and conditions

Dear Lord! Talk about fine print! WTF? And now when you go to the "pumps" section it doesn't show any available, so what, I bought the only one?! Why do I feel like I should have "All Day Sucker" stamped on my forehead right now?

Well, what's the score boys? Ask for a refund OR hold my breathe and pray I get lucky with a deal?

Dear Lord! Talk about fine print! WTF? And now when you go to the "pumps" section it doesn't show any available, so what, I bought the only one?! Why do I feel like I should have "All Day Sucker" stamped on my forehead right now?

Well, what's the score boys? Ask for a refund OR hold my breathe and pray I get lucky with a deal?

If you paid with a Credit Card you should be fine...The CC company should cover you...If you didn't, well that's another ordeal.

Just checked there site...pump is back to the $149 price
http://www.hopgoblin.com/Chugger-brew-pump-stainless-steel-head-p/lg85100.htm

If you paid with a Credit Card you should be fine...The CC company should cover you...If you didn't, well that's another ordeal.

Just checked there site...pump is back to the $149 price
http://www.hopgoblin.com/Chugger-brew-pump-stainless-steel-head-p/lg85100.htm

That's pretty bizarre. Well, nerves got the best of me so I called and emailed asking for a cancellation/refund. I think I'm better off shelling my clams off to someone who can backup their products/services. No disrespect to the seller, but I'd feel much better going to a retailer with some semblance of product support. Hopefully there won't be any issue as I did pay with a CC.

Thanks for catching that little "tid-bit" bandt9299!

Now I just need to find the next "good deal";)

Yes, the seller responded promptly with a refund. Not sure what was going on with that whole situation, but they were pleasant enough to deal with after my concerns. Now I just have to wait for another BobbyM sale.

Latest posts

Back