SS Brewtech 1v ebrewing system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abrayton

Reaction score
I am planning to make the switch to electric brewing as soon as SS gets more 20g 1v setups in stock. My question is, how long is the 240 cord that comes with the system. I plan to use an existing dryer outlet instead of installing a dedicated 240 circuit. The existing outlet is roughly 15 feet from where I will be brewing, so I know I’ll need an extension, just not sure how long. I’d call SS to ask questions, but…😐

I am planning to make the switch to electric brewing as soon as SS gets more 20g 1v setups in stock. My question is, how long is the 240 cord that comes with the system. I plan to use an existing dryer outlet instead of installing a dedicated 240 circuit. The existing outlet is roughly 15 feet from where I will be brewing, so I know I’ll need an extension, just not sure how long. I’d call SS to ask questions, but…😐

I have a SS brewtech 2v myself and the powercord is 1ft long from the controller also you need a GFCI breaker on that 240V line. And also a GFCI won't work with your drier so I suggest you run another 30amp 240 dedicated line for your electric hombrewing needs.

I have a SS brewtech 2v myself and the powercord is 1ft long from the controller also you need a GFCI breaker on that 240V line. And also a GFCI won't work with your drier so I suggest you run another 30amp 240 dedicated line for your electric hombrewing needs.
thanks for the info/advice. I guess I’m installing a breaker and wiring an outlet. 🤞

Back