Spunding Valve Ruined?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeamusMac

Reaction score
Accidentally hooked my spunding valve up to my floating dip tube port, found it this evening dribbling cider onto the floor. I know I can disassemble and clean the valve, but will the pressure gauge have been contaminated?

They need to be cleaned and dried, or they're gonna stick.

Disassemble, rinse out, clean, check around to make sure you've got everything cleaned, then dry.
If any cider got inside the dial, you'll have to take it apart to clean and dry.

If you're not confident in taking those things apart, look for pictures on the web, or post pix of them here.

They need to be cleaned and dried, or they're gonna stick.

Disassemble, rinse out, clean, check around to make sure you've got everything cleaned, then dry.
If any cider got inside the dial, you'll have to take it apart to clean and dry.

If you're not confident in taking those things apart, look for pictures on the web, or post pix of them here.

Thanks guys, felt so stupid when I realized what I had done. Glad I can just bust this thing apart and remedy my mistake without breaking out the wallet.

Back