Springfield Illinois Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimGleason

Reaction score
Hello!

I am a new brewer from Springfield, Illinois. I have made three batches of extract brewing and really have fallen in love with brewing as a relaxing (most of the time) hobby. I have decided to step up my game and make a mash tun this week in preparation to attempting an all grain brew. I look forward to the additional challenge of all grain brewing and hope this will help expand my brewing options.

I have a history of making wine so the conversion to brewing was pretty natural. A lot of the basic technique overlaps and equipment..thankfully are similar.

One day I had very common sense and overdue epiphany.. I drink beer! Why am I not making it!

I have already ready many forum post and recipes and appreciate all the knowledge shared on this website. figured i ought to introduce myself

Thanks,

Tim

Tim, welcome to the hobby! I'm sure that you'll dive in with technical know how and considering you make wine you know your sanitation will be great. Good to see you on the forum! Cheers!

Tim, welcome to the hobby from another brewer in the Springfield area (I live in Sherman). If you haven't already, check out the local homebrew club, The Prairie Schooners. We have a meeting on the 2nd Wednesday of every month, and have a happy hour the last Wednesday of the month. We've a static web page at http://prairie-schooners.adamsspace.com/ and a facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_169182799791041&ap=1. The facebook page has the most up-to-the-minute information. Again, welcome to one of the most addictive hobbies around!

Egg Head,

Thanks for letting me know and posting the websites for me to take a look at. I was aware of the prairie schooners.. i saw the poster on the refrigerator at friar tucks. I have been meaning to show up to a meeting but its a little awkward showing up to something the first time without knowing anyone. I will try to make the happy hour next Wednesday the 30th if I am correct that there is one. Do you guys bring a sample of homemade beer with you or how does that work? I have a decent hefenweizen bottled; though it could definitely use some positive feedback.

Back