Spot the Space Station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3 streams up on my monitors. I think the best one is everyday astronaut feed on youtube. You get the official SpaceX feed there plus some really fun commentary.

1700313802264.png

I love the shock wave that went thru the fog when they lit all 33 raptors. We haven't heard if the launch pad survived yet have we.

Either way, this launch was 100% better than the last one.

I hope they can get the Falcon 9 off tonight on the west coast as they scrubbed the last two nights. Weather should be better tonight.

I love the shock wave that went thru the fog when they lit all 33 raptors. We haven't heard if the launch pad survived yet have we.

Either way, this launch was 100% better than the last one.
I think it looked pretty good. One of the launch sites put up a live camera of the pad aftermath and it looked just fine. I think the water deluge helped a lot.

The tower and the "chopstick" rocket grabbers looked brand new afterward. Even the blinking lights at the top of the tower were still blinking (how the hell do they survive that?)

Impossibly huge massive engines burning brightly nearby.
Why would anyone think release LOX "in the vicinity" could possibly go right?

https://findstarlink.com/
Have you guys ever looked for the satellites? I've tried a few times with my kid but we've had no luck. Supposed good viewing times, along with clear skies, and being quite sure we are looking in the right place at the right times has yielded nothing.

We're in a "big city" with probably just too much light pollution.

https://findstarlink.com/
Have you guys ever looked for the satellites? I've tried a few times with my kid but we've had no luck. Supposed good viewing times, along with clear skies, and being quite sure we are looking in the right place at the right times has yielded nothing.

We're in a "big city" with probably just too much light pollution.
Are the new versions dimmer than the old ones? I haven’t seen any in a while.

The fresh trains are spectacular.

Fairly comprehensive analysis here

"The average magnitude of the originals at 550 km is 4.63, so they would be visible under even moderately light-polluted skies. The average VisorSat [latest Starlink version] magnitude is 5.92, so they’re only 31% as bright as the originals and significantly more difficult to see."

Cheers!

Back