Spontaneous Fermented Apples!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bopper

Reaction score
Pony Falls Into Pool After Getting Drunk on Fermented Apples

Wednesday, October 15, 2008
foxnews_story.gif

A horse in England wandered into a swimming pool after getting drunk on fermented apples Tuesday, the Daily Mail reports.
The pony, nicknamed "Fat Boy," escaped his stable in Newquay, Cornwall, on Tuesday and became intoxicated after munching on fallen, rotten apples, the paper said. He then fell into Sarah Penhaligon's pool.
"I was terrified, but when I took a closer look, I realized it was a horse," she told the paper.
It took rescuers two hours to build hay steps to help the animal get out of the pool, the Daily Mail said.

I think this proves that apple orchards are a great place for wild brews! Awesome :rockin:

Who said anything about it being apples? I mean, something has to happen after all those "so a horse walks into a bar" jokes, you know.

We have the same problem with the bruised grapes we don't pick off the Concord vines. After the first frost they start to turn. Turkeys get into those and a few years back one tried to fly through an upstairs window.

Not cool.

Back