Spike Complete System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Drumminguy! Very impressive hard-plumbed set-up! Great idea about the pot holders (I didn't think about thermal loss). Also, how come you have a grant in your system (do you use self-priming pumps that create a suction in the bottom of the MLT)?
I designed my system partially based on a local breweries pilot system that I used to brew on occasionally. The grant improves efficiency and clarity. I recirculate through my rims tube and grant for most of my mash.

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, I searched and did't find anything.

Has anyone purchased this system? If so, what size and have you brewed on it yet? I am on the fence about getting one versus piecing one together. I do like their kettles, and would use them in my system probably anyway. Just looking for actual user experiences. Please no flaming. :mug:
Hey I just purchased the 15gallon system with the CN10 conical ferm. Overall great kit. Takes a little time to get set up. My first brew session is this weekend. However, I have ran through the system with just water to get a feel for the hose loss and to get used to the operation of the panel and processes etc. I need to do a better job mounting the controller. However, this is what I have setup so far.

IMG_1889.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

a>

Hey I just purchased the 15gallon system with the CN10 conical ferm. Overall great kit. Takes a little time to get set up. My first brew session is this weekend. However, I have ran through the system with just water to get a feel for the hose loss and to get used to the operation of the panel and processes etc. I need to do a better job mounting the controller. However, this is what I have setup so far.

IMG_1889.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

a>

Can't see the pics.

Did you do the payment plan? I'm considering it but wondering about what the payments would look like if I can do it this year.

F1D98878-5E4C-42A1-BD25-C29E6EE6C93E.jpeg 5871C463-6F03-4550-8591-37F2D5C1DEED.jpeg

I didn’t. This winter I sold a few toys to invest in this. Keep in mind this is for temporary brewing. Building out a more permanent home for this setup.

Can't see the pics.

Did you do the payment plan? I'm considering it but wondering about what the payments would look like if I can do it this year.

I'd like to see spike do a recirculating eBIAB system. They've really got all the pieces. I may just order a custom kettle with the connections I need and build it out myself. I couldn't find a comprehensive look at the boil kettle in their HERMS setup, but I think that would get me 90% of the way there.

Here's my system - not sure if I uploaded correctly.
How do you like the Oktober can seamer? I am thinking about getting one.

Man this is a great thread. I have recently gottten back into brewing and bought a Spike 15g (30g kettles)complete system. I have brewed 2 batches on it and have achieved over 80% efficiency both times. I am very impressed. I absolutely love the system but am still trying to get used to it.

Here are some issues I have encountered so far:

1. Dead space. I am not used to so much dead space from huge kettles, pumps, CFC. This is quite a differnet system than What I used to brew on so really need to adjust for these things in Beersmith

2. Pump priming: I have had a couple of issues in trying to prime the pumps and wasted a lot of wort in the process. One time I had some grain coming through the outlet clogging the quick connect on the hose but did not initially realize that was the problem. I was using rice hulls to prevent a stuck grain bed but had not distributed them through the cracked grain so most went into mash tun first and that probably caused the problem.The other problem I have not completely solved. It is really hard to get flow going through the CFC. These pumps do not like to pull from a bucket of sanitizer. The last brew, I had to add sanitizer to my HLT and run that though pump and CFC to get flow. I had tried filling with cfc with water first and then pull from bucket but would not work. I will gladly take any suggestions.

3. Last brew, as I was heating everything up I realized I was losing water from my mash tun. At first I thought it was just to the HERMS but luckily reallized before dough in that I was gaining water in my HLT. The HERMS was not quite pushed in all the way and was leaking. I was able to pump out water from HLT and into boil kettle temporarily and fix problem. Almost a disaster.

4. I also have the spike conicals and noone warned me about the sample valve. I carbed with carb stone a few days before kegging last time and worked great. The warning is you can get a really good pour from the sample port and if your brew is very tasty, this can significantly lower your kegging volume, lol.

5. And finally, I can't stop buying more accessories from Spike. They keep coming out with more things I need.

Last edited:
Thank you for detailed post. How do those pump mounts work? Are you drilling a hole though table leg? I have not found a great pump mount solution as of yet as I also bought my own table and I do not weld.

Hi all, I'm bringing back this thread because I've had this 20 gallon system for a few months now and have done 6 or 7 brews on it (I went from your typical home depot cooler gravity system. Long story short is that it's amazing and I highly recommend it - it's absolutely worth the money, but it takes A LOT of getting used to if you want it to be extremely accurate as advertised (I was always mid-80s in terms of mash efficiency on my gravity system and I've only gotten there once on this system so far - please note that this is my own fault as I continue to dial in the system - it is completely capable of achieving very high efficiency). Here is a list of things I've learned (my BK, MLT, and HLT are positioned left, center, right, respectively with the panel on the far right next to the HLT):

1. Very convenient to read temps now by looking at the control panel - no more bringing out the thermopen for every readying.

2. I use the immersion chiller still and start up the whirlpool to increase the chilling effect (as opposed to the CFC they advertise) - it works well, but I've never used a CFC, so I can't compare. To save water I pump the first hotter 20 gal of waste chilling water into the MLT and the 2nd less hot 20 gallons into the HLT and discard the rest. MLT first since it can't be directly heated - if it is still to cold and needs to be heated to the recommended 160F for PBW I recirculate in the HERMS (I bring the HLT that contains the HERMS to a boil). HLT doesn't need PBW since it's just water. PBW cleans MLT then move it to boil kettle. Move boiling water in HLT to MLT to boil kettle. So, all-in-all to clean I move PBW thru followed by a boiling water rinse. They say it's all CIP - I haven't found this to be true. I find before I do any of the above I need to completely clean all the spent grain out of the MLT (obvious) and all of the trub and hop debris out of the boil kettle. I tried doing the CIP while leaving all that crap in the boil kettle and it just made a mess.

3. I did the bargain cave deal to save a lot of money and the kettle etchings for volumes were missing (why it was so cheap) - I knew this going into it and didn't care because the sight glasses take care of volumes. I wanted to make sure they were accurate so I added in known volumes to the boil kettle (heating element and dip tubes displace negligible amounts of water, so they don't really affect measurements if you were wondering) - leveled the kettle and found that 5 gallons was accurate, 10 gallons measured as 10.2 gallons and 15 gallons measured as 15.4 gallons (so a 0.2 increase in reading for every 5 gallons after the initial 5). This will probably be the same for all 20 gallon spike systems, but I'd recommend doing it yourself for your own sanity.

4. Boil off rates vary for me since I'm in a garage with the rolling doors open - cooler windy days more boils off and hotter, humid, mild days much less. Theelectricbrewery, which also has a 20 gallon HERMS system boasts a 1.9 gallon / hour boil off rate, but Kal has a hood for proper ventilation and is indoors in a basement where the atmosphere is constant, so I'm sure it's the same everytime if you have a proper indoor setup. I've had anywhere from 1 gal / hr to 1.7 gal / hr (usually around 1.3-1.4 gal/hr).

5. If I did it over I'd go for a more powerful panel that has the option of powering 2 elements at once - this would save me a lot of time in getting cleanup water ready during the boil rather than having to wait until I start chilling. I could also do back-to-back batches much easier with this convenience. I have the 30 amp panel and can only power one element at a time. It may be hard to picture if you have gone through it, but it is something I would really do differently.

6. Their SS table they offer is very expensive. I found a much cheaper, but equivalent table (same size and gauge) on the webstaurant website. I also chose an option with a nice back-splash! The caster option SEEMS nice, so I got those, but don't bother - when 40-60 gallons of liquid is resting on that table it becomes FAR too wobbly when on wheels. I switched back to the sturdy bullet feet that came with it and it's super sturdy now.

7. Thoroughly read Kal's "Step-by-step brewday" on theelectricbrewery.com if you haven't - it's EXTREMELY useful in both making your brewday on this system very efficient time-wise (first brew day on this system was 12 hrs including cleaning - now I'm around 8 hrs) as well as achieving high mash efficiency. I've followed his methods here and got up to 86%, but then down to 70% the next time (again, still learning and dialing in this system). Anyway, the point here is he's very experienced, very bright, and has a 20 gallon electric HERMS system - pretty much the exact system we're talking about, so it's worth the read since nearly everything is applicable.

8. Boil kettle dead space is 1-7/8 gallons, probably around 2 gallons if you consider hoses, pumps, etc. MLT dead space below false bottom is 1/2 gallon and that in HERMS coil and hoses is probably another 1/4 to 1/2 gallon, so I say 3/4 to 1 gallon total. Some people say MLT dead space is when the wort stops coming out of the drain (if this is the case it's the same as the boil kettle at 2 gallons), but I think MLT dead space is the wort that is not in contact with the grain (below false bottom and in hoses, HERMS coil, and pump) and really only impacts your mash ratio.

9. I've been filling my HLT to the near top with about 20 gallons of water since I've found that not immersing the HERMS coil completely changes things with MLT temp ramp speeds. I want consistency, so I keep the whole thing immersed every time now. I put the strike water in my boil kettle to heat it up to above strike temp and transfer that to the MLT (since HLT is full of water as mentioned above and I want to keep it that way for thermal mass). In the summer months I've found that the temp drops 5F to 10F when transferred from the boil kettle to the MLT, so keep in mind when heating your strike water that it should be probably ~10F above your initial strike temp (cooler months this differential will probably be greater - again, I'm in a garage). Then add grain and it will drop yet again to your mash temp per the equations. Kal moves some of his HLT water to the MLT in lieu of what I do (I don't for the reason mentioned above), but you can dial in anything with enough repetition. As they say in the Spike Brewing Youtube video there is a temperature lag between the HLT and MLT of about 3F-4F - I have found this to be generally accurate, but haven't completely yet gotten the hang of it.

10. Both Ebrewsupply (who makes the panel) and Spike Brewing have been extremely helpful. My water pump blue LED toggle came loose and I couldn't get it to engage, so Ryan at Ebrewsupply not only told me how to fix it, but sent me two new ones for free! He's the owner and answered the phone directly - so, that says something about service. One of the o-rings inside a push-to-connect fitting (see the spike brewing youtube video about the spike system if you don't know what these fittings are) broke - inevitable since o-rings don't last forever, so I called Spike Brewing and they sent me a bag of 18 of them for free! At this time the o-rings weren't on the website, but after my call they said they'd be putting them up there, so they should be available now.

11. Installing all the fittings to the kettles for the first time not only took an entire roll of teflon, but probably 4-5 hrs total (multiple nights after work). With my cleaning method above it has been extremely clean and I have not had to take the fittings apart at all yet (I probably will after about 10 brews... and I dread that day).

12. Every person I've shown this system to has become aroused (myself included). Well... maybe not my wife (she only focused on the $$ spent).

13. I mounted the pumps with Morebeer!'s pump brackets (https://www.morebeer.com/products/pump-mounting-bracket-stainless.html) and they are perfect for this (and look sexy with all the stainless). I first mounted them "horizontally" in the middle of the lower shelf of the table - by horizontally I mean the inlet and outlet of the pump are to the left and right of the center of the pump. This led to pooling of wort and water in the shelf, so I've moved the pumps and the brackets to the front of the lower shelf (so the inlet and outlet are hanging over the edge) and rotated the pump head so the inlet and outlet are in the "vertical" position - this has worked MUCH better. No pooling, bleeder valve is on the top for purging air, inlet on the bottom, outlet on the top. Spike Brewing shows a cool bracket mounted to the leg of the table - I couldn't find this one, so I didn't buy it and can't compare to it, but I do know that the lower the pumps are the better, so I think I prefer my method personally.

I'm sure there's more I've picked up on, but that's all I can think of for now. I'll post more as I learn and I hope others that have this system will contribute as well because it's a lot to learn coming from a gravity system (I would have killed to see this post or something like it before I made the plunge). Also, feel free to correct me if you've noticed something different in your experiences with it - I always want to learn more and I'm still a novice myself!!!

I notice a few people's system is brewing right to left. I wonder if that's mostly preference or if the Spike System comes that way by default. I personally like to brew left to right, it feels more natural. My HLT is my left-most kettle and the BK is the right-most one.

I notice a few people's system is brewing right to left. I wonder if that's mostly preference or if the Spike System comes that way by default. I personally like to brew left to right, it feels more natural. My HLT is my left-most kettle and the BK is the right-most one.

I set mine up a bit weird to keep the boil kettle from blasting my control box with steam. I have the mash tun to the left, boil in middle, and HLT to the right next to my garge sink. In the end does not seem to matter at all as long as your hoses are long enough.

I set mine up a bit weird to keep the boil kettle from blasting my control box with steam. I have the mash tun to the left, boil in middle, and HLT to the right next to my garge sink. In the end does not seem to matter at all as long as your hoses are long enough.

yep, layout is more a personal preference than anything else. i go right-to-left: hlt, mt, bk. this is driven primarily by my sink being on the left side of my setup, makes sense to have it closest to the sink for easy dumping/cleaning of the bk.

How do you like the Oktober can seamer? I am thinking about getting one.

2. Pump priming: I have had a couple of issues in trying to prime the pumps and wasted a lot of wort in the process. One time I had some grain coming through the outlet clogging the quick connect on the hose but did not initially realize that was the problem. I was using rice hulls to prevent a stuck grain bed but had not distributed them through the cracked grain so most went into mash tun first and that probably caused the problem.The other problem I have not completely solved. It is really hard to get flow going through the CFC. These pumps do not like to pull from a bucket of sanitizer. The last brew, I had to add sanitizer to my HLT and run that though pump and CFC to get flow. I had tried filling with cfc with water first and then pull from bucket but would not work. I will gladly take any suggestions.

Ya the can seamer is great - takes some getting used to. I have beer on tap, but my friends wanted my beer in cans, so they all pitched in and got me the seamer (about 20 people, so the cost was manageable per person). Regarding the pumps, march pumps aren't self-priming, so they need to be fed liquid via gravity and can't draw from a source (which is good because they would create suction on the bottom of MLT unless you have a grant). I got the pump brackets from morebeer (link in my original post).

Ya the can seamer is great - takes some getting used to. I have beer on tap, but my friends wanted my beer in cans, so they all pitched in and got me the seamer (about 20 people, so the cost was manageable per person). Regarding the pumps, march pumps aren't self-priming, so they need to be fed liquid via gravity and can't draw from a source (which is good because they would create suction on the bottom of MLT unless you have a grant). I got the pump brackets from morebeer (link in my original post).

I have the can seamer too and really love it. Filling growlers got old and now I can get some 4 packs ready for friends before they come over. If I don’t have time I always end up with helpers!

I have the can seamer too and really love it. Filling growlers got old and now I can get some 4 packs ready for friends before they come over. If I don’t have time I always end up with helpers!

Seamer purchased!!! I made my friends buy it! Good idea BeerMaverick! Got the 16oz one.

Question for those of you who own this system, I am about to take the plunge on the 20 gallon system with the 50 amp panel upgrade, is there a good profile for this system in Beer Smith?

Anything you would have done different if you bought again? Any additional items you would suggest that I need?

Hey all, just recently posted asking about a turnkey system and I’m really liking what I’m reading about Spike’s system. I was almost sold on Sabco’s but really liking the idea of all electric.

Since it’s been a while how are you owners of this system still liking it? Still in bliss or did the honeymoon wear off?

Is just controlling one kettle at a time a hindrance? I’m used to using 2 burners at the same time.

Thanks again for all the great info thus far.

Hey all, just recently posted asking about a turnkey system and I’m really liking what I’m reading about Spike’s system. I was almost sold on Sabco’s but really liking the idea of all electric.

Since it’s been a while how are you owners of this system still liking it? Still in bliss or did the honeymoon wear off?

Is just controlling one kettle at a time a hindrance? I’m used to using 2 burners at the same time.

Thanks again for all the great info thus far.

Hey, I have had the system now for a few months, have 4 batches under my belt and have been meaning to share my thoughts. I will try to post something tonight.

Hey, I have had the system now for a few months, have 4 batches under my belt and have been meaning to share my thoughts. I will try to post something tonight.
That would be terrific. I’m curious how the upgrade went because I’m seriously considering the same. Also curious about your wiring set up. Did you do it by your self or did you hire an electrician? Looking forward to your write up.

I’m holding off until Homebrew Con when I can talk to them in person.

Hi PeteSeattle, I've had it for over a year now and have made ~20 batches of beer on it and it's just as sexy as day 1. In fact, more so now that I've gotten used to it and have it really dialed-in. In terms of the firing one kettle at a time - as I mentioned in my post (#31 I think) - this is a setback in terms of cleaning or doing back-to-back batches. If I were to buy this system again I would go with the 50 amp panel where you can fire two elements simultaneously. I hired an electrician to installed the dryer outlet in my garage.

If I were to buy this system again I would go with the 50 amp panel where you can fire two elements simultaneously. I hired an electrician to installed the dryer outlet in my garage.
Thank you. I think I was looking for your initial post about the upgrade. I’m glad the system is serving you well. The upgrade seems to make sense. I’d pull the trigger today but with the chance of talking to them in person in a few weeks my order can wait.

Edit: I just read your post again. I forgot that you are coming from a similar Home Depot cooler gravity set-up as my current system. Although I love my cooler I can’t wait to upgrade after having this system since the 90s.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in the write up, this week has been a long month! First off, I have been brewing off and on for 20 years, started as most do with extract then a cooler set up, then sprung for a Sabco Brew Magic years ago. After a move to DC I had to sell that system and got out of brewing for awhile. I moved to Nashville 3 years ago and, at the time, the beer scene here was sketchy at best. Yazoo was making some decent beers but outside of that the selection was thin. I decided to get back into brewing and bought a Colorado Brewing EBIAB system. I am handy but not like a lot of folks here so I hired an electrician to put in a GFCI outlet for me.

While I felt the CBS was good, for whatever reason I missed a 3 vessel system. I always had the impression my beers were a little thin and the size of the kettle limited the beers I could make. I take nothing away from that system or BIAB in general it just wasn't for me. When I finally bought a house with a dedicated brew building I decided to upgrade. The Spike system seemed to fit the bill. I also looked at Stout and was hoping that SS Brewtech would get their electric system released but after much reading I decided to take the plunge. I did the financing because, why not? Free Money for 3 years ain't a bad deal.

I decided I wanted to upgrade to the 50 AMP panel so that I could do back to back and clean while boiling. (best decision I made) I had an electrician wire up a plug for the Spike system and for the CBS in case I wanted to do a quicker batch. I can't tell you what it cost only because I had other electrical work to get done and basically the electrician did the brew building pro bono because he thought it was cool and I promised him free beer. The building itself only had 50 AMPs coming to it and also has a wall AC/Heating unit. I was a bit worried that I would have to turn off the AC or not run both elements at once, this has not been a problem.

As I mentioned, I have 4 brew days under my belt and 6 batches. I don't regret my purchase at all, quality is really solid and, for the most part, Spike was awesome to deal with.

Ordering: Order went smooth and they help desk was quick to respond about questions on the bigger panel and even put together a custom cart for me and helped me pick out options for a conical too. The wait was painful and took longer due to the panel upgrade, but they kept me informed. Delivery was smooth and the system was extremely well packed. A couple of frustrations with ordering. The conical comes completely ala cart and, although they helped me decide on options they left out several pieces that I needed for the options to work. Secondly, when reviewing all the parts they forgot one element. A slight hole in their system is when you have an issue you can't call so you are waiting for a response by email. They made it right though and I appreciate that. Also, I didn't ask but it seems like when you are spending that kind of money a free shirt or hat or something would be a nice touch. SSbrew Tech did that when i ordered from them.

Assembly: I would say if you have minor handiness this shouldn't be a problem, no real directions but the youtube video is helpful. It would be nice to have more of a step by step but not a huge deal. I had one question about mounting the panel on a tv mount, never really got an answer, they punted it to the company who built it and they never really gave much guidance. Not a huge deal but again a phone number would have been nice.

First Brews: I really love using this system! It offers about all of the automation I would want. I also bought an RO system from Buckeye. Basically a day or two before I brew I hook up the hoses, get the water processed and then I am ready for brew day. On brew day set the alarm early, get up long enough to turn on and set the HLT and connect hoses and start recirc on MT. It seems to take about two hours to get up to temp. Once up I dump in and stir the grain (I crush the night before) let it sit for 10-15 min then start recirculation again. I have done one wheat beer and several NE Style IPAs no stuck mashes with some rice hulls added.

I have actually even done an overnight mash because I ran out of time and had no issues. The system minds itself.

It seems to take about an hour to get the spare done and boil started. The biggest batch I have made was 15 gallons, you got to watch it close for boil overs if you get to that 18 gallon range. Whirlpool works great and no issues cooling, I had a CFC already.

Complaints, or actually more like minor annoyances: The temperaturereadout on the boil kettle seems way off they mention that it isn't that accurate as it runs off power percentage not temp. That is all good but a little bit of a pain when trying to maintain temp for whirlpool hop additions. i can't really think of any others!

Pros: The system is so well thought out. I love the way the kettles disconnect from the plugs so you don't have anything dangling while cleaning up. Same goes for the temp probe on the mash tun. The pumps work flawlessly most of the time. Only issues I've had is on NE IPAs but that is not really the systems fault, That much hop crud is going to be tough on any pump. The quality of the kettles is excellent and i don't miss having the triclamp connections. The financing piece was a nice add and is a good deal.

Sorry for the lengthy reply, I hope it is helpful. Let me know if you have questions.

@jready
Thank you for your very in-depth review. I will definitely be looking to install 50 amps. I just need to find an electrician that will accept beer. But what a good deal. Too bad I’m getting the house repainted and not re-wiried.

I just had a very challenging brew day with my gas set-up and made me look forward to switching to electric.

How much longer of a wait for upgrading the system to 50a?

jready, you mentioned the kettle temp display on the control panel isn't accurate? I'll be honest I've never actually measured the temp of my wort in the kettle since I assumed the panel displayed temps were accurate. I figured it was accurate since the wort starts boiling as soon as it hits 212F (maybe 211F sometimes, but it doesn't start boiling at 210F). I guess I'll have to measure next time, but this would have led to over a year of incorrect WP temps and perhaps pitching yeast into wort that was too hot still. How far off is your kettle temp display from what you've measured with a thermometer (is it high or low)?

jready, you mentioned the kettle temp display on the control panel isn't accurate? I'll be honest I've never actually measured the temp of my wort in the kettle since I assumed the panel displayed temps were accurate. I figured it was accurate since the wort starts boiling as soon as it hits 212F (maybe 211F sometimes, but it doesn't start boiling at 210F). I guess I'll have to measure next time, but this would have led to over a year of incorrect WP temps and perhaps pitching yeast into wort that was too hot still. How far off is your kettle temp display from what you've measured with a thermometer (is it high or low)?

I misspoke, mine seems to be off by 5-7 degrees but that isn’t the real issue. I am sure I could adjust it but what I find challenging is that you control the boil kettle based on the power percentage not the set temperature. For instance, I’ll run it at 100% till it boils then back it off to 70-75% to maintain a boil. As far as I can tell you can’t tell the boil kettle to hold @ 160 degrees. At least that seems to be what was indicated in the start up video. Am I off base?

@jready
Thank you for your very in-depth review. I will definitely be looking to install 50 amps. I just need to find an electrician that will accept beer. But what a good deal. Too bad I’m getting the house repainted and not re-wiried.

I just had a very challenging brew day with my gas set-up and made me look forward to switching to electric.

How much longer of a wait for upgrading the system to 50a?

Happy to help. It is a great system. It seemed like it added 2 weeks to the estimated time on the site.

water boils at different temps depending on where you are and altitude/ atmospheric pressure.

I misspoke, mine seems to be off by 5-7 degrees but that isn’t the real issue. I am sure I could adjust it but what I find challenging is that you control the boil kettle based on the power percentage not the set temperature. For instance, I’ll run it at 100% till it boils then back it off to 70-75% to maintain a boil. As far as I can tell you can’t tell the boil kettle to hold @ 160 degrees. At least that seems to be what was indicated in the start up video. Am I off base?
Oh, that's because the kettle PID is set to "Manual" mode (which is based on the duty cycle (or % time on)) and the HLT and MLT PIDs are set to "PID" mode, which is based on temperature. If you have the control panel guide book it tells you how to switch between "Manual" and "PID" modes.

Oh, that's because the kettle PID is set to "Manual" mode (which is based on the duty cycle (or % time on)) and the HLT and MLT PIDs are set to "PID" mode, which is based on temperature. If you have the control panel guide book it tells you how to switch between "Manual" and "PID" modes.

Thanks! I will have to look at that!

That would be terrific. I’m curious how the upgrade went because I’m seriously considering the same. Also curious about your wiring set up. Did you do it by your self or did you hire an electrician? Looking forward to your write up.

I’m holding off until Homebrew Con when I can talk to them in person.

Pete, we saw your post and wanted to connect you with our sales manager Ryan. Would you be able to PM us your email so we can connect before HBC and make sure we are able to connect with you there?

You all know that moment just before you hit the complete purchase button? The feeling of hesitation and the small amount of sweat breaking as your finger hovers the button. Well I got passed it and my order for a 15 gallon system is in the que.

I opted not to get the table since I have a very similar table with the same dimensions. I also requested the upgraded panel. I was going to wait but these reports of tariffs and now online shopping tax got me nervous. I just hope I don’t get called into jury duty when it’s supposed to arrive. Looks like I’ll be listing my much loved old system on here sometime soon.

Thanks for everyone’s input for helping with my decision. Now just the wait.

You all know that moment just before you hit the complete purchase button? The feeling of hesitation and the small amount of sweat breaking as your finger hovers the button. Well I got passed it and my order for a 15 gallon system is in the que.

I opted not to get the table since I have a very similar table with the same dimensions. I also requested the upgraded panel. I was going to wait but these reports of tariffs and now online shopping tax got me nervous. I just hope I don’t get called into jury duty when it’s supposed to arrive. Looks like I’ll be listing my much loved old system on here sometime soon.

Thanks for everyone’s input for helping with my decision. Now just the wait.

Congrats man. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. This is a great system. I did my version of a bourbon county stout over the weekend. Huge grain bill but such an easy brew day and nailed my og. You will not regret it.

Congrats man. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. This is a great system. I did my version of a bourbon county stout over the weekend. Huge grain bill but such an easy brew day and nailed my og. You will not regret it.
Thanks! I’m really excited. I just need to decide if I’m going to brew in the meantime with my original set-up or wait. I’ve got a kolsch and a dry stout in the line-up. But I guess I need the electrician first.

BTW, those who have this system how are you all like the pumps all the way on one side kinda centered on the bottom shelf?

Thanks! I’m really excited. I just need to decide if I’m going to brew in the meantime with my original set-up or wait. I’ve got a kolsch and a dry stout in the line-up. But I guess I need the electrician first.

BTW, those who have this system how are you all like the pumps all the way on one side kinda centered on the bottom shelf?

I needed another table so I purchased that with the setup so that I had the mounting bracket. I kinda like having them together. I can keep one bucket ender them for the air bleed. I would mount them vertically if at all possible.

Saw the Spike team at HomebrewCon tonight and got a confirmation that my system will be delivered next week on the 5th! I really need to get that electrician very soon. The system displayed tonight was the upcoming Tri-Clamp version. Very nice looking but I don’t think I wanted to re-do my order.

Saw the Spike team at HomebrewCon tonight and got a confirmation that my system will be delivered next week on the 5th! I really need to get that electrician very soon. The system displayed tonight was the upcoming Tri-Clamp version. Very nice looking but I don’t think I wanted to re-do my order.

Congrats man that is super exciting!

Congrats man that is super exciting!
Thanks. Im really excited. Everyday I stopped by the booth to drool over it. The last day I added the CF10. I couldn’t resist as they were offering a really terrific discount at the Con.

Back