Sparkling Cider - Still Flat After 3 Weeks In Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drudini11

Reaction score
Brewed my Hard Cider back on November 1st. Had in Primary for about 3 weeks and then Secondary for another 5..........transferred to bottling bucket mixed with about 5oz Priming Sugar Solution. Has been bottled and stored in cellar for past 3 weeks (cellar temps around 46 degree F). Cracked open a bottle and still pretty flat. Thinking that at 46 may be just too cold for this to carb up. If that's the case and I move to store upstairs at room temperature should it start carbing up faster or has the fact that it's been keep so cool the last 3 weeks hinder it from carbing up any further. The taste was excellent....only downside was the carbonation at this point. Looking for advice. Thanks.

Sounds like you are too cool for the type of yeast you used. 70* or so will work for you, give it a couple or 3 weeks. If you are concerned about yeast crashing out, just tip the bottles upside down once or twice and put them away.

Warm that cider up and you should be good to go. Just make sure to keep an eye on it after it gets really going.

Which yeast did you use?

used WLP775 English Cider Yeast for this batch. I have moved the bottles into the dining room which stays around 68 degrees during the day and drops to about 62 at night so hopefully the cider will start to carb up in its new location.

Back