Southern Tier 422 Pale Wheat Ale clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishStout

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a clone recipe for this brew, AG or extract.

"Pour 422 Pale Wheat Ale into a pint glass, give it a long whiff and you’ll realize that this isn’t your average pale golden wheat. Preserved in its unfiltered state, 422 is a fantastic session ale in which flavors of wheat, barley and hops commingle to a refreshing and zesty conclusion. Hints of orange and sweet malts waft to the fore as a touch of bitterness contributes to a smooth finish. 422 is brewed as a tribute to preserving our precious planet and it’s environment. It is responsibly packaged with over 80% recycled consumer products and is completely recyclable. Enjoy 422 all year as to take one stride closer to an eco-friendly life. "
5.8% abv • 5.0ºL • Pale Wheat Ale

I can't find much other information on it, but it certainly is delicious. Nice bodied wheat beer, with an almost crisp yet slightly yeasty taste, and some subtle yet delicious hop notes. Some orange flavor and for a moment or two there is a floral hoppy note which recedes to sweet maltiness with a subtle hop bitterness underlying.

Try emailing the brewery to see if they'll give you the ingredients. They are pretty open with the info on their big beers. I bet it is a pretty simple recipe pale and wheat malt, maybe a bit of light crystal. Pick a couple American hops, ferment with a clean ale yeast etc... good luck.

good idea! I checked out their website and they don't have an e-mail address but they do have a phone number which I will try giving a ring tomorrow

Southern Tier makes some good brews.

Look on the bottle. I had a bottle of the Iniquity Dark Ale recently and they listed most of the ingredients on the bottle. Between the bottle and the website I got a pretty good idea of what is in the beer, the grains, the hops, the color. The only thing that I could not find was the IBU's. I am working on a recipe for that one and I think I am close and may try brewing it next week.

Good luck.

I had to bump this thread since it's a few months old and there isn't anyone who has reported back with any new findings...Is there anyone who has a recipe?

Latest posts

Back