South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 15!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank god. Next time I'll mail a pre-emptive check.

Payments are in! I should have confirmation monday morning about our delivery date!

Edit: and since it seems you all want to crucify me, I should mention that I ordered the check sent /before/ most of you were marked "paid".

I'd split it with you. Tried to get someone to go in on a bag with me this time around.

Sounds good to me.

I was looking at the cheapest white wheat. CM-WHET @ .50 per lb = 27.5 split = 13.75 + shipping. Should be great. That will get me 27lbs which is good for 4 batches of hefeweizen I am brewing this week. I just bought 7 pounds at LHBS and it cost me $21.

Thank god. Next time I'll mail a pre-emptive check.

Edit: and since it seems you all want to crucify me, I should mention that I ordered the check sent /before/ most of you were marked "paid".

Nahhh, maybe only half of us here. Just kidding:D Glad to see it went thru.

No one is going to crucify you, personally I wanted this delayed to make sure the hop order is in when the grains are delivered...

BUT, with all due respect, when you know your payment is instant, waiting two or three days doesn't matter. You SHOULD send your payment early if you know its going to take awhile to arrive. ;)

Sounds good to me.

I was looking at the cheapest white wheat. CM-WHET @ .50 per lb = 27.5 split = 13.75 + shipping. Should be great. That will get me 27lbs which is good for 4 batches of hefeweizen I am brewing this week. I just bought 7 pounds at LHBS and it cost me $21.

I went by the LHBS recently. Flaked wheat was $1.95/lb and torrified was $1.50/lb. Still though, bulk buying is definitely the way to go.

I went by the LHBS recently. Flaked wheat was $1.95/lb and torrified was $1.50/lb. Still though, bulk buying is definitely the way to go.
Yeah i would say i pay 1.90/lb for light wheat. So for 55lbs.
~105$ way more than the 35$ i paid here.

Sorry to back out on you but I was offered half a sack from one of my club members that he is not going to use.

Its going to go out late this week so we are looking at the beginning of next week! Weather permitting of course. I'm pm everyone tomorrow so I'll have a better understanding of how the weather will be.

You may not pay the fees but i do!

Sent by:
Ryan
Amount received:
$21.00 USD
Fee amount:
-$0.91 USD
Net amount:
$20.09 USD

so you're still getting banged for fees even if we paypal straight from a bank account?

Am I picking up grain for anyone? I work in Glen Mills (PA/DE border), if people want to meet me there instead of coming all the way to the buy than let me know.

BUT

Gotta throw this out there - I am flying out of town early Thursday the 29th.. I can get your grain on Wednesday but won't be back in town to give it to you until Monday May 1st evening. Let me know.

Am I picking up grain for anyone? I work in Glen Mills (PA/DE border), if people want to meet me there instead of coming all the way to the buy than let me know.

BUT

Gotta throw this out there - I am flying out of town early Thursday the 29th.. I can get your grain on Wednesday but won't be back in town to give it to you until Monday May 1st evening. Let me know.

FWIW I live in Philly, work in Wilmington, so if someone needs their grain but cannot wait for sethga, I could probably help out as long as it's not like four sacks or something.

FWIW I live in Philly, work in Wilmington, so if someone needs their grain but cannot wait for sethga, I could probably help out as long as it's not like four sacks or something.

I'll take you up on that offer. PM you the details.:ban:

Sent you a PM

This is all I have to get - 1 bag of grain, 1 gallon of star san, 3 lb of spices
1x CM-WHET, 1/4x 5S-STAR4, 1x 1763-2 (Cor Seed), 1x 1765-2 (Ginger), 1x 1768-2 (Sweet OP)

So is there anyone in the central or northern NJ area that is picking up grains on the 27.
I am about two hours away from the pick up location and was hoping it was going to be on the weekend but on a wednsday is pretty tough for me. I can get down there if I have to but if there is someone a bit closer to me who can pick my two sacks up for me and ill pick them up probably on thursday. If anyone could help me out that would be awesome.

D2 is Dark Candi Inc. Belgian Dark 2 Candi Syrup. It's great for dubbels and dark strong ales
D2= Dark 2
This syrup’s flavor is a mix of burnt sugar, figs, ripe fruit, toffee and dark chocolate. Highly fermentable. ppg 1.031 srm 100
Anyone needing 3# quart jars of D2, post in this thread!

It's usually cash and carry! I don't know if jeff would do it through paypal.
PM him and ask?
I see someone is picking up your malt and supplies for you. Maybe he will front the cash for the syrup then you reimburse him when you pick-up from him?

It's usually cash and carry! I don't know if jeff would do it through paypal.
PM him and ask?
I see someone is picking up your malt and supplies for you. Maybe he will front the cash for the syrup then you reimburse him when you pick-up from him?

Good Idea, I'll ask. Thanks :mug:

WOOOO!

To everyone I was PM'ing with I won't need any help I hope. I have the evening off and plan to be there for the delivery.

:ban::ban::ban:

So is there anyone in the central or northern NJ area that is picking up grains on the 27.
I am about two hours away from the pick up location and was hoping it was going to be on the weekend but on a wednsday is pretty tough for me. I can get down there if I have to but if there is someone a bit closer to me who can pick my two sacks up for me and ill pick them up probably on thursday. If anyone could help me out that would be awesome.

I live in Old Bridge. I can pick up your grains.

Thank you for the offer but I think I have decided to just drive down and then go over into philly and pick up some russian river and bell's beers because we cant get them in Jersey and I am dying to try anything from both of those breweries and Im just going to use the grain pick up as my excuse to finally get down to philly. :mug:

By the way does any one in the area know the place that would most likely have anything from Russian River and Bell's in Philly?

rwmiscik said:
By the way does any one in the area know the place that would most likely have anything from Russian River and Bell's in Philly?

I picked up bell's from bound beverage in bensalem right off 95.

the foodery on 2nd will have some RR, but it'll be expensive
There's a bunch of places that should have RR. Craft beer outlet, Six pack store, Capone's has a bunch(consecration, supplication, temptation, sanctification, redemption, etc.). And bell's you can pretty much get anywhere, although i recommend wegman's because they have a great selection of 6er's and good pricing.

Just a heads up for everyone that ordered BZ-WHT:

I got a call from North country malt this afternoon. They are out of the Best Malz wheat. As to not set back delivery, they made the decision to substitute for CM-WHET. I can give you the difference at pickup.
Sorry, they sent it out before even calling.

If there is any trouble, Im sure we can find someone to take you bag of wheat

Those little buggers.....LOL.....actually, I did not get the wheat this time around but that is pretty presumptuous to substitute without checking first.

Well since I was already planning a trip to Capone's I will most likely go there first and then if Im still looking for stuff I want I will look elsewhere thanks for the recomendations.

Back