Sourcing honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHBT

Reaction score
Where do you source quality honey online? Only place i can find affordable honey in any decent quantity is costco and something tells me its not great honey to make mead , recommendations would be appreciated, mead is something id like to try

Where do you source quality honey online? Only place i can find affordable honey in any decent quantity is costco and something tells me its not great honey to make mead , recommendations would be appreciated, mead is something id like to try
Crystal's Honey has quality honey in bulk for sale. I buy from them a lot.
https://mvabeepunchers.com/honey/bulk-honey-wax/Flying Bee Ranch also has a large selection.
https://flyingbeeranch.net/honeys/Smiley Honey is another source I use.
https://www.smileyhoney.com/collections/raw-honey-varieties?sort_by=title-descending
I hope this helps you.
Happy meading 😎

I used Costco's raw honey for years. While in Phoenix, it was Arizona wildflower with a definite pleasant spice. Here in St Louis, it's Midwest wildflower with a more generic floral flavor. Both, very tasty and real honest to goodness honey.

Now, I get my honey (coarse filtered MO wildflower) from the LHBS at ~$1 less per pound in a larger jug.

If the prices were the same, I wouldn't hesitate to use Costco's again.

I used Costco's raw honey for years. While in Phoenix, it was Arizona wildflower with a definite pleasant spice. Here in St Louis, it's Midwest wildflower with a more generic floral flavor. Both, very tasty and real honest to goodness honey.

Now, I get my honey (coarse filtered MO wildflower) from the LHBS at ~$1 less per pound in a larger jug.

If the prices were the same, I wouldn't hesitate to use Costco's again.
Oh alright thats good to know about the costco stuff appreciate ya

Know you were asking for mail order, but searching for local distributors in your area is a good way to find wholesale pricing, also checking local farmers markets might result in good prices thru direct dealing with local honey producers.

I buy my honey from a local beekeeper that runs a pretty large apiary. He sells his local wildflower honey for 30.00/gallon (12 pounds) at the apiary. It is higher if you buy it at his retail outlets.

Central Mississippi

I posted this a few years ago.....

But it is still true. If you look for your local beekeepers group on Facebook you can probably find someone you can get good local honey from. The more you buy the better the per pound price is. My last purchase was 5 gallons (60 pounds) for $80 cash.

Last edited:
Yeah not too far about 45-50 min drive
I posted this a few years ago.....

But it is still true. If you look for your local beekeepers group on Facebook you can probably find someone you can get good local honey from. The more you buy the better the per pound price is. My last purchase was 5 gallons for $80 cash.
5 gallons for $80...what a deal!👍👏👏

I am pretty new to mead making, but have had great luck looking for local bee keepers. I have purchased a gallon of local honey for $35.00 from a local bee keeper (3 different times). He is a great guy, and I think it is pretty cool to know that the honey came from just a few miles away from my house. I spent about 30 minutes on google and it was well worth it. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back