Source for pH Buffer Tablets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorwinGraves

Reaction score
I did a bit of searching, but couldn't find what I'm looking for. I'm looking to purchase pH buffer tablets (4.0 and 7.0), but don't need to buy 50-100 of them. Anyone have a source for these?

Thanks

I just performed a search for pH buffer capsules and found plenty of sources. You do have to buy at least 10 capsules and that is at a price of about $14 plus shipping. Not cheap, but way cheaper than buying and shipping fresh buffer for about 5 to 10 years (assumes mixing up a batch of solution every 6 to 12 months). Of course, this is just one pH standard, so double the costs to have 4 and 7 buffers.

I also see that you could get 50 capsules for about $37 plus shipping. Cheaper, but that is certainly more than I would use. This is a situation where finding like-minded brewers to split an order would be great.

I just performed a search for pH buffer capsules and found plenty of sources. You do have to buy at least 10 capsules and that is at a price of about $14 plus shipping. Not cheap, but way cheaper than buying and shipping fresh buffer for about 5 to 10 years (assumes mixing up a batch of solution every 6 to 12 months). Of course, this is just one pH standard, so double the costs to have 4 and 7 buffers.

I also see that you could get 50 capsules for about $37 plus shipping. Cheaper, but that is certainly more than I would use. This is a situation where finding like-minded brewers to split an order would be great.

Thanks, Martin. I'll do another search for the 10-capsule quantity.

Back