Sould I add anything to my grape juice concentrate wine??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulietKilo

Reaction score
So I just bought 13 cans of red grape juice concentrate from the supermarket to make 3 gallons of wine with. I've done this before but it's been a while. I'm using Red Star Premier Rouge yeast, which I used before.

But I've also got a few ingredients left over from making cider a while back, and I'm just wondering if it would be any benefit to add any of them. I've got yeast nutrient, citric acid, and pectic enzyme. Any good reason to add any of those? Also what effect would stretching the grape juice with sugar have? I've got both corn/priming sugar as well as table sugar, would it reduce the quality? Thanks!

Assuming it's 100% grape juice (Concorde??) -- straight concentrate will have a Very high SG -- so you'll probably want to dilute with either 100% reconstituted juice or H20.

For My concorde vinos - I mix 5cans FGJC with every 1gal of 100% reconstituted juice & get an SG of 1.13.

I add zero nutrients or chemicals -- and ferment using D47.

Cheers [emoji111]

Oh yeah, definitely adding water, I probably should have said that. Each can contains 246 grams sugars. Only two ingredients: grape juice and ascorbic acid. So if i make it 3 gallons that's a hair over 7 pounds total sugars. I could add table sugar and increase total volume, but I'm not sure how table sugar would effect taste?

Oh yeah, definitely adding water, I probably should have said that. Each can contains 246 grams sugars. Only two ingredients: grape juice and ascorbic acid. So if i make it 3 gallons that's a hair over 7 pounds total sugars. I could add table sugar and increase total volume, but I'm not sure how table sugar would effect taste?
Personally would just dilute with h20 to ur target SG [emoji111]

Back