Sorry for the MIA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vex3521

Reaction score
I've missed everyone and just wanted to drop in and say hi. My dad had a relapse with his cancer so it's taken a lot of time out of hobbies and I really had to step back from much of my blogging and posting elsewhere. So, I hope everyone's been great. I didn't get to compete yet this year, which stinks so hopefully I can see what is still open and see how I end up this year. And if not, I'm ahead of the game for next year!

Meads are all going strong, getting ready to rack a few again and bottle others this weekend and I'm debating what the next one off the "to brew" list will be. I'll have to see if I can get some pictures as well when I'm bottling and starting up new ones.

Looking forward to hopefully getting back to things now that life has settled down a little bit. Probably will do my Cordial Mead next and just did start my Solera #3 so I really need to update my list!

Lost my father to cancer a couple days before Xmas, a good friend a couple months before that, and my wife back in the spring. F*** Cancer.

Hang in there.

I'm fairly certain you can find nearby people who can evaluate, but if not I'm a pretty decent Mead Judge if you want some evaluation before a competition. I'm sure I'll judge mead in February at KCBM too.

I just sent 12 meads to Minnesota Mashout figuring I needed some help narrowing down for NHC.
Meadmaker of the Year, here I come...

best of luck to you
cheers--
--Michael

Back