Somewhat cheap co2 tanks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfyrasng

Reaction score
Does anybody know where to get a co2 tank without paying an arm and a leg for it? My beer is almost ready to keg, but I still need a co2 tank.

Does anybody know where to get a co2 tank without paying an arm and a leg for it? My beer is almost ready to keg, but I still need a co2 tank.

Check out this link to Copper Tubing sales, A.K.A. ICS Industries. Many of us have bought our copper tubing for chillers from them and they seem to have good prices on CO2 cylinders as well.

i get them all the time on craigslist for $50 or so for a 20# tank usually full of Co2

Must be nice, i've been looking here for a few weeks, and the only ones i can find are going for almost as much as new ones online!!

I've never seen a filled bottle shipped, new one on me.

BrewBeemer, I don't think he meant shipped. Everything I've gotten on CL has always been local. That and I'm pretty sure you CAN'T shipped full cylinders without going through a lot of paperwork.

i've had pretty good luck with my local craigslist, bought 2 20lb steel tanks for $50 each, airgas exchanged them with 2 shiny aluminum ones for the cost of the gas, $17 each. $67 for a full 20lb aluminum tank isn't bad....

Back