Something missing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beermonster1985

Reaction score
Is there something missing inside the capper bell as my last brew didn't carb, it must be the capper as all the grolch type wire bottles carbed just not the pop tops

Is there something missing inside the capper bell as my last brew didn't carb, it must be the capper as all the grolch type wire bottles carbed just not the pop tops

Not sure anyone can tell you if something is missing without seeing what you are talking about and looking at....

Are the caps loose on the bottles, or are they tightly crimped down?
How long has the beer been conditioning, and in what environment?
Any differences in what went into the bottles, how they were primed, how they were stored, etc. between the wire capped and the capper capped bottles?
Have you successfully used the capper before, producing well-carbed beer?

Hi thanks for the replyThey seem tightly crimped, I've never had problem before, I'm worried that maybe something has fallen off inside the bell that good on the magnetic thingy that I didn't realize was there as upon checking my previous beers the cap is smooth and with this batch there is an imprint of the magnetic thingy. My priming technique has never had problems before

I have an old capper that I picked up from my grandfather. I get four dents in the caps and if I push to hard it will puncture the cap. I put a garden hose rubber gasket in with a hot glue gun.

Back