So, who's going to GABF next weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoHox

Compulsive Hand Washer
Reaction score
With GABF'13 just around the corner, I wondered what kind of pull this event has. There was kind of a stink about ticket sales and access to brewers.

Are you travelling in? From a long distance?

Mostly members session or multiple sessions?

Any other Colorado activities while you are here?

A friend won a local pro-am so the awards session will be fun. I prefer the members session over the general sessions...fewer drunk bros. Are you nervous to meet another HBTer IRL?!?!

Flying in from Michigan next Friday. My daughter, who lives in Denver, snagged three members tickets. We'll be attending Saturday. I'm stoked about this event! :mug:

Flying in from Michigan next Friday. My daughter, who lives in Denver, snagged three members tickets. We'll be attending Saturday. I'm stoked about this event! :mug:

Great! The cold won't bother a Michigander!

Flying in from Ohio on Wednesday with two other homebrewers.
Working setup volunteer shifts (free ticket for working a setup session) on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. Attending Thursday night and Saturday afternoon. Attending Rare Beer on Friday afternoon.
Working Brew Crew on Friday and Saturday night. Flying back home on Sunday morning.

I'd call that a full agenda. This is the 4th time I've been to GABF doing the volunteer & attend method since 2005.

I'm going to the Thursday and Members session. Next week is my mardis gras. In case people are trying to figure out what to do, here's a list of all the events happening next week. A couple cool highlights:

Renegade is doing $1 pints on Friday the 11th from 7pm-9pm.
Sour and Barrels at Star Bar with Odells & New Belgium on Thursday the 10th!
Sour Beer symposium with New Belgium (learning the art of blending sours) on Thursday the 10th. I'm going to this. So Pumped.
The Midnight breakfast at Euclid hall with Avery!
Pints for Prostates RareBeer Tasting.

If you are a beer fanatic (who isn't) next week is a must, even if you didn't get GABF tickets.

Flying in from Ontario Canada on Wednesday night I have tickets for the Thursday night and Saturday afternoon sessions. I used to live in Denver and so I know the bars that are going to have some great parties that week.

Going Thurs and Sat members session but I live in Denver. It is the best week of the year with GABF and 300+ events as a part of Denver beer week which started Wed night.

Yup. The only thing that is limiting me is my pocketbook. Dear god, I am going to spend a lot of money in the next week!

Flying in weds from Florida. Going to the members session and Avery's Barrel Aged Bike Ride on Friday. Prob take a trip up to boulder to visit Avery and the other breweries. And my wife is a runner so we are doing the Run the Rocks 5k at Red Rocks on Sunday. That should be fun after Saturday night.

I'm flying in from DC on Monday and am staying at the embassy suites right across from the convention center. I've got tickets to Tuesday night's firestone/ leopold bros dinner, Wednesday rackhouse colorado rare beer, Thursday gabf, Friday crooked stave wtf, Saturday members only. Leaving Sunday night. I can't wait!

I'm flying in from DC on Monday and am staying at the embassy suites right across from the convention center. I've got tickets to Tuesday night's firestone/ leopold bros dinner, Wednesday rackhouse colorado rare beer, Thursday gabf, Friday crooked stave wtf, Saturday members only. Leaving Sunday night. I can't wait!

Crooked stave should be fantastic. I love their stuff. Have you been there before?

Flying in weds from Florida. Going to the members session and Avery's Barrel Aged Bike Ride on Friday. Prob take a trip up to boulder to visit Avery and the other breweries. And my wife is a runner so we are doing the Run the Rocks 5k at Red Rocks on Sunday. That should be fun after Saturday night.

Reminds me of the Detroit Marathon in 2003. There was a beer table at mile marker 21. That was the hardest 5.2 miles that I every ran in my life! LOL!!! Good luck Sunday at Red Rocks! I'll be sleeping in. :ban:

Going Thursday and Saturday. I've lived in Denver, San Diego and now Seattle. I was wondering if there are any breweries East of the Mississippi I should visit.:ban:

I'm bringing some CCB beers if anyone is interested in a trade. Couple bottles of Zhukov RIS, Forgotten Island, Good Gourd.

So this is why my thread didnt get any replies. Leaving tomorrow morning from Los Angeles. I CANT WAIT!!! Went last year and I had the time of my life!

So this is why my thread didnt get any replies. Leaving tomorrow morning from Los Angeles. I CANT WAIT!!! Went last year and I had the time of my life!

HA, yes. I searched around the forums to make sure I wasn't posting old news, funny how we posted nearly the same thing.:mug:

I am sticking to the members session this year, but attending some of the other brewery/bar events around Fort Collins and Denver. What a great week for beer in Colorado.

For an event on Monday, I had a flight of all the Great Divide Yeti beers, including a year old Belgian Yeti that was sweet nectar. Previous day was Crooked Stave and some others they partner with (EvilTwin and something else). Delicious burgundy sour but bored brewery reps.

Flying in from Katy, TX (west houston) Friday morning. Members only session for me and lots of brewery tours and site seeing!

Picking up rental car now. Then headed to Hops and Pie:

Hops & Pie will tap several special beers from breweries not normally seen in Colorado, along with some that are, today beginning at 11:30 a.m. Breweries include Perennial, Jester king, Jolly Pumpkin, Prairie Artisan Ales and Crooked Stave

Breweries include Perennial, Jester king, Jolly Pumpkin, Prairie Artisan Ales and Crooked Stave

I just tried all the Prairie and Perennial sours Monday. It looks like they will have the burgundy sour form Crooked Stave, it is great! Welcome to CO!

The list is just so huge, maybe we can throw out a few recommendations. Although the sorting on the app is pretty neat.

My rec's are:
Black Bottle Brewing and Equinox (both local for me)
Cigar city, since they don't distribute here
Alaskan Smoked Porter, cause it's damn good
Great Divide aged Hibernation

Looks like Utopias is on the list again, and some other gabf-only releases. Hopefully there are enough beers to try ;)

The list is just so huge, maybe we can throw out a few recommendations. Although the sorting on the app is pretty neat.

My rec's are:
Black Bottle Brewing and Equinox (both local for me)
Cigar city, since they don't distribute here
Alaskan Smoked Porter, cause it's damn good
Great Divide aged Hibernation

Looks like Utopias is on the list again, and some other gabf-only releases. Hopefully there are enough beers to try ;)

Yeah, I had a few samples of the smoked porter last year. LOVE that stuff! Definitely will try to get some utopias!

I am going to the members-only session, looking forward to my 4th GABF. Each year, I learn to get more selective, more focused on rare or beers I can't get. I travel for a living, so it's awesome to find a brewery that's awesome that I was unaware of, good chance someday I'll be in the area and can go visit.

Are there any HBT get togethers?

Who saw Triumph the insult dog and Sam from Dogfish Head? What a fun day.

Hope no one ran out of oxygen while you were here. Hope to stumble into you next year!

Who saw Triumph the insult dog and Sam from Dogfish Head? What a fun day.

Hope no one ran out of oxygen while you were here. Hope to stumble into you next year!
I got interviewed by Triumph!!!! I really hope I make the show haha. They said the segment would be on wed or thur! Look for the big dude wearing a green I (clover) beer shirt and SF 49ers hat! haha so awesome!
I also got to shake Ken Grossmans hand!

I had the 2002 Alaskan Smoked Porter at the Denver Rare Beer Festival on Friday - it's still amazing 11 years later......

Yes! That Smoked Porter was excellent. My first time at the GABF. What an awesome event! I was trying to get my head around it this first time. I really like the GABF iPhone app. Saved me from losing hand-written notes. Only got around to less than half of the brewers at Saturday's noon to four members session. My daughter, who lives in Denver, is trying to talk me into volunteering next year so that she can get my tickets. LOL!! Overall, it was an awesome event. Afterwards, we saddled up at a local pub to watch the Tigers beat Boston in game 1 of the ACLS, while drinking a few more Great Divide's Farmhouse. Definitely going to make this an annual event to attend.

Yes! That Smoked Porter was excellent. My first time at the GABF. What an awesome event! I was trying to get my head around it this first time. I really like the GABF iPhone app. Saved me from losing hand-written notes. Only got around to less than half of the brewers at Saturday's noon to four members session. My daughter, who lives in Denver, is trying to talk me into volunteering next year so that she can get my tickets. LOL!! Overall, it was an awesome event. Afterwards, we saddled up at a local pub to watch the Tigers beat Boston in game 1 of the ACLS, while drinking a few more Great Divide's Farmhouse. Definitely going to make this an annual event to attend.

Volunteering sounds like it could be fun! You get to drink while pouring?!? How can you not have fun doing that!

Back