So....I saw "The Dark Knight"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICLARK

Reaction score
Went to the special midnight screening after work last night. Im not going to spoil anything for anyone but I will say that this is a Must See!! It is by far superior to Batman Begins and Heath Ledger is an absolute Maniac the Movie keeps you on the edge of your seat for the entire 2.5 Hours!!

I've been waiting to see this, but I will wait until the crowds die down. I loved Batman Begins, so I'm assuming I'll love this one. For some reason, I find these "dark" versions of Batman much more entertaining then the early ones...

I do as well, I have to say that Heath Ledgers performance should get him the Best Supporting Actor Oscar.

That'd be cool if his last performace won him an Oscar. I just checked IMDB and out of almost 4600 votes, it gets a rating of 9.7/10...:rockin:

i heard the reviews and I'm shocked... I thought for sure this one was going to be way over the top and just too much, but from what I've been hearing I may have to make the trip to the movies to see it.

I can't wait - we're going to a late showing tonight at our theatre. Glad to hear you liked it so much. Like a lot of people, I was doubtful when I heard that Heath Ledger would be playing The Joker. Just from the previews, his performance looked to be amazing.

This is probably going to be my first trip to the movie theater in a few years; the first one was awesome!

I do as well, I have to say that Heath Ledgers performance should get him the Best Supporting Actor Oscar.

That's because the older ones totally sucked. Batman Begins was badass and everything I've read about The Dark Knight looks promising. I'll probably watch it this weekend sometime.

Christian Bale is also going to be in Terminator 4:Salvation next summer. He's one busy dude.

I'm sure it'll be really good and I'll probably see it this weekend....but to me Adam West will always be the best Batman

adam-west-and-burt-wardbatman-and-robin-merchandise-and-collectiblesbatman-costumes-and-toys2.jpg

And NO ONE will ever fill Cesar Romero's shoes

wallpaper413.jpg

:D

I really liked the original Tim Burton Batman. I liked it when I was 10, even if it gave me night-terrors, and I still enjoyed it very much when i watched it a couple years ago (with fewer resulting night-terrors). I thought it was pretty dark, though the series definitely got exponentially worse from there on, and this new movie seemed to be retelling the same story (at least from what i gathered from the commercial). Well, I like how Burton told the story and love Nicholson as the Joker, so I am skeptical of this new movie. That said, I did enjoy Batman Begins, and the reviews seem to have me pretty convinced that it's worth seeing.

IS this just a re-imagining of the original tango between Batman and the Joker, or is this something else?

Terminator 3 sucked horribly.(where did that come from??)

The old Batman (M. Keaton) was awesome at the time. It just looks old now.

Batman begins was incredible too. It may look weak in 15 years too, who knows?

I absolutely love Batman Begins. It was a brave move of Nolan to take such an iconic superhero whose story has been told countless times and to totally reinvent the Batman mythos. I'm going to see this one tonight at 8 and I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

It's been a long time since I've actually been excited to go see a movie!:rockin:

How come these jerkoffs always give their best performance and kick the bucket? I just don't get it.

Terminator 3 S-U-C-K-E-D, especially the ending. But, I guess it was all a setup for 4. I hope Bale brings 4 back up to prior standards. He's excellent. Anyone else see The Mechanic?

My girlfriend and I went to see the dark knight at midnight yesterday. The entire movie was phenomenal and exceeded already high expectations. Everyone go, everyone go again!

How come these jerkoffs always give their best performance and kick the bucket? I just don't get it.

Terminator 3 S-U-C-K-E-D, especially the ending. But, I guess it was all a setup for 4. I hope Bale brings 4 back up to prior standards. He's excellent. Anyone else see The Mechanic?

The Machinist?

Jack Nicholson is by far the undisputed Joker. Ledger is good but Jack is the man. I saw it last night. He kind of reminded me of the a crazy version of The Crow. The movie was awesome though!

... He kind of reminded me of the a crazy version of The Crow. The movie was awesome though!

Can't wait to see it but I'll give it a week or two to die down. But your comment is spot on. Something was telling me "familiar look" when seeing the previews and that was it.

Oh good, glad to hear this was great! I love Christian Bale, he's so awesome I don't even know where to begin

Clock's ticking very slowly for me today... I have IMAX tix for TDK in about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Last 30 minutes sitting here at work have been psychosis-inducing.

I just got back from seeing it as well, and wow! It met expectations in my mind. BTW for the uber-nerds, there's nothing after the credits.....don't bother.

On the topic of the "Nicholson vs. Ledger" as the better Joker character, I've gotta go with Ledger. And it's not because he just died. When I watched the older "Batman" I always knew I was watching Jack Nicholson; he was never the Joker to me. Jack Nicholson's cool and all, but I didn't particularly care to see Batman vs. Jack Nicholson. Heath Ledger gave a very convincing performance, and I found myself forgetting about the actor playing him. It made the movie more authentic.

Just got back, WOW, after all the hype I was prepared to be disappointed. I wasn't, Ledger stole this movie, he was a flat out amazing psycho. This movie blows all summer flicks out of the water.

High powered action, well written, and well acted. What more can you ask for? This sets a standard for me. By the way, I though Hulk was excellent also.

Heath Ledger gave a very convincing performance, and I found myself forgetting about the actor playing him.

That's exactly what I said to HWMO last night when we were walking out after seeing it. I kept trying to see Heath Ledger in there, and you don't. The movie definitely disturbed me, and I think Ledger did an amazing job. It saddens me that he won't be around to reprise this role.

Bale never ceases to be a badass, and I don't just mean his characters. The sh*t he puts himself through for his roles is nothing short of amazing. For The Machinist, he did this to himself, in real f*cking life:

balejuice1.jpg

Then he put on over 100 lbs after that for Batman Begins:

balejuice2.jpg

Supposedly, he actually bulked up too much and had to lose some muscle before Batman Begins started shooting.

Hell, he was even a badass in Empire of the Sun.

I watched this last night and I can confirm that it friggin rocks. Even better than Batman Begins.

a) Joker-- Nicholson vs Ledger? Both excellent, just different.

b) Ledger dead making a difference? He who experiments with mixing pharmaceuticals alone in an apartment risks death. It's stupid to dabble like that alone. Frankly, I'd be more inclined to have less respect for an actor who does stupid crap like that.

c) Great movie? yes. Great performance? Pretty much everyone was excellent.

d) See the movie somewhere with a top notch sound system. The sound is awesome and moving.

a) Joker-- Nicholson vs Ledger? Both excellent, just different.

b) Ledger dead making a difference? He who experiments with mixing pharmaceuticals alone in an apartment risks death. It's stupid to dabble like that alone. Frankly, I'd be more inclined to have less respect for an actor who does stupid crap like that.

From what I read about it, it seemed that Ledger was getting practically no sleep from playing the Joker and trying to get into the right mindset for the character and was dosing himself so he could actually settle down and sleep, and as an ironic side effect was getting more and more into the character by doing so. He basically drove himself mad for the duration and ODed afterwards after he was trying to come down from playing the role.

At least one actor, Michael Caine I think, said that when he came on the set he wasn't an actor playing a role - he WAS the character.

Back