So... I may have gone overboard with my Son's Bedroom.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for making me feel like the crappiest dad ever.

I've lost a few friends over that. No not really, but just about every time the wife turns to the husband and says, "So what are you going to make ours?"

Then it's followed up with, "If you have another kid (or if you have a girl) What are you going to do for them?"

The other ones I always get is, "So when are you coming to our house to help us build...." and "I So want one of these in my room." from the adults.

But let's be completely honest here... This is my bed! haha

IMG_2478.jpg

I have slept in it a few times (Mainly when I was doing the work on it and he had to sleep in our bed) I have taken a nap or two in it too when I couldn't use our bed. It's so cozy at night with the candle lights flickering and the little fire place going.

My Fiancé's Birthday is the 13th. Mine is the 15th (of feb) so we're giving the kid to her parents for the night and having our friends over this friday. I full on expect every one of them to be inside the thing at some point of the night.

15 men on a dead man's chest,
yo ho ho & a bottle of rum.
Drink & the devil had done for the rest,
Yo ho ho & a bottle of rum!
Wrapped'em all in mains'l tight,
With twice ten turns of a hawser's bite.
And we heaved'em on over & out of site,
With a yo heave ho,
And fare ye well,
with a sullen plunge,
And a sullen swell...
Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell...
Yo ho ho & a bottle of rum!
Y'all in that lil loft thing made me think of that one...:mug:

Crazy, I posted my album showing the progress photos and details about the bedroom build on the DIY sub reddit. It blew up!

Now I have media companies messaging me to use my video or license it. One company wanted to use it on their TV show and website. I ended up signing with a licensing firm. They paid me $300 and I get 90% of the ad revenue from YouTube and 60% from other outlets. They do all the work and have a lot of subscribers to get videos to go viral. But with the $300, I got the bed materials paid for. Works for me.

I had some other random video of mine go "viral" and did the same thing. I ended up with close to $1000 from the thing and it wasn't even that great of a video.

I also got an email from the Oregonian (our local newspaper) they want to do a story about the room I'm the home/garden section.

The Internet is a weird thing...

Ya, it's a little surreal. I was sitting at my computer this morning and up pops an message from Good Morning America. They're asking if it's ok to publish a story about the bedroom.

Back